Untitled Part 108

Chengan Town was a small town on the border of the Jing Province. It was extremely ordinary, similar to countless other small towns.

This small town had one slightly more flourishing main street in the center. There were several shops and bars on either side. The town's market was also in this area.

On this day, the market was filled with hustle and bustle bright and early. The people coming and going were all townsfolk as well as people from the nearby villages.

Later in the morning, a few men walked into the town's only restaurant. They wore regular clothes but were all large and sturdy with extraordinary bearing. The one in the lead was a tall and slender man with a jade-like face. His posture was straight like a jade tree against the wind, his appearance truly extraordinary.

It was around lunchtime but the restaurant was completely empty. There was only a middle-aged person who looked like the owner keeping watch behind the counter.

Seeing someone come in, the owner swiftly came to greet them with a smile and a bow, saying: "Are these customers looking for someone?"

The man in the lead didn't respond. Someone next to him said: "Yes."

"Second floor."

The owner was also a smart person. Seeing the strange situation, he didn't dare speak too much and returned behind the counter after pointing the way.

The wooden stairs led directly to the second floor. Lin Qin Ting, who was the one that responded just now, led the way.

Although this was within his own territory, since the Yun Prince had chosen this place it was best to be careful.

These people went up to the second floor and saw a tall man standing outside the door of a private room. Seeing the people arrive, that person's expression changed and entered the room to report.

After a moment, a rotund ball of a person appeared outside the door, smiling at the Jing Prince so hard it was difficult to make out his features.

The Jing Prince froze, his expression unchanged.

"Fifth little brother, how's it going?"

"Going well." The Jing Prince replied, his gaze mild.

"Please come in."

Everyone entered. The other side had around the same number of people: five, including the master.

Each could bring up to four others, this was what they had agreed upon. Although they were brothers, familial bonds had always meant little within the royal family. It was naturally best to be cautious.

There was a table in the center with two seats. Two cups of tea were already placed upon it.

"Please."

The Jing Prince sat down. The Yun Prince did the same.

Regular chairs were completely unable to support his weight. However, the special chair under his buttocks was clearly twice the size of a normal chair. But it could be imagined that the Yun Prince would have nowhere to sit if he didn't bring this special chair.

"Drink some tea."

The Jing Prince nodded his head, but didn't touch the teacup on the table at all.

The Yun Prince smiled faintly, lifting his own cup for a drink.

"Fifth brother is still as cautious as ever."

The Jing Prince turned his gaze over, "Likewise."

This was indeed the case. The palace had always been a dangerous place. Empress Xiao and Senior Concubine Xu had control over the entire harem, and the two princes were completely without backing. If they hadn't been cautious, the grass on their graves would have already grown knee-high.

Counterattack of the Cannon Fodder Chambermaidजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें