Untitled Part 37

The reason Xiao Hua flipped out this time was firstly because she didn't want to be seen as overindulgent and secondly because she wanted some peace for herself.

Out of the six low palace maids, only two remained inside the hall. Eunuch Fu also seemed to favor her quite a bit more, so recently all her roommates looked at her with increasingly complicated expressions. She had seen the state of things and naturally wanted to use her attitude to suppress things a little.

As expected, when Xiao Hua got back from work that evening, the room was unprecedentedly silent.

Xiao Hua didn't bother with those complicated gazes, acting as though they didn't exist. It was fine as long as they were quiet and didn't annoy her.

The days continued to pass, and they turned out to be the most peaceful days Xiao Hua has had in recent times. But it was then that someone who had always been very low key did something that was not low key.

That day, the wind was calm and the day was sunny and cloudless. The Hall of Splendor was quiet and peaceful.

Xiao Hua stood in an inconspicuous corner within the hall. Having been a pillar for so long, she was already used to such a quiet atmosphere, as well as standing on duty for an extended period of time. She also gradually got used to being able to feel at ease.

The Jing Prince sat pondering something within the hall.

His posture was ramrod straight, as though propped up by a bamboo yet without losing his elegance. His face was apathetic as usual.

Xiao Hua often saw the prince stare off into space, but the level of his stare seemed to be several times more advanced than her own. When she acted as a pillar and stared off into space, her head would be half lowered making it hard for others to tell. The Jing Prince on the other hand stared straight ahead into the distance, making it possible for others to clearly see his tranquil face and unfocused pupils. However, no one dared suggest that his highness was actually spacing out instead of pondering things.

This was what Xiao Hua had observed after acting as a pillar for a long time. Her assumptions were based on her own secretly bored state of mind. Of course, these could all not be said aloud.

The silence in the hall made it seem like time had frozen, but there was a feeling of satisfaction in the air.

Xiao Hua knew the prince was in a good mood today. Although his mood couldn't be inferred from his face, it was visible via Eunuch Fu's appearance.

When the Jing Prince was in a good mood, Eunuch Fu's actions and behavior would be relaxed and pleased. When the Jing Prince was in a bad mood, Eunuch Fu would be solemn and quiet, his gaze strict. Eunuch Fu was the Jing Prince's barometer. After Xiao Hua had figured this out, she had been able to navigate situations well in advance during her shifts, making things even less stressful for her.

Everyone would have their moody days. When the master was in a bad mood, the servants naturally had to hide further away. This was the way of things.

Eunuch Fu made a gesture in their direction and Xiao Hua knew it was time to switch out the prince's tea. Seeing Xiu Yun take the lead to go over, she stood unmoved and lowered her head once more.

After a moment of silence, Xiao Hua suddenly heard an "aiya!".

That was Xiu Yun's voice. Her tone was off-key to the extent that it was hard to tell who the voice originated from. However, Xiu Yun was the only other female in the hall apart from Xiao Hua, so it must have been her. Actually the sound was very suave, full of feminine charm and flavor. Unfortunately in this silent setting and current atmosphere, it sounded incredibly laughable.