Untitled Part 8

Matron Qu was a maid who was part of the estate madam Tian-Shi's dowry.

She was born into the madam's maiden household, and as a maid she was one of the few who weren't constantly scheming how to get into the estate master's bed. Therefore, Tian-Shi held her in high regard. Once she came of age, Tian-Shi acted as a matchmaker and introduced her to one of the stewards in the main pavilion.

While Matron Qu married that steward, several other maids by Tian-Shi's side had succeeded in climbing into the estate master's bed, and became his chambermaids.

At that time, there were those who mocked Matron Qu. Her appearance was excellent, and as the pavilion near the water why didn't she make plans for herself?

She had merely smiled at the time. After marrying the stweard, Matron Qu took a break from her duties and returned home to enjoy her married life. Three years passed and she gave birth to two children, one was Bi Yuan's older brother, the other was Bi Yuan.

After her post-natal period, Tian-Shi called her back to become the baby 4th young master's wet nurse.

Many were envious of her and said she was blessed with good fortune. Those that laughed at her previously for not climbing the bed no longer laughed, because only then did they realize that the lady who was gentle and generous while at her maiden home had several tricks up her sleeve to deal with her husband's chambermaids. Before you were let off since you knew your place. Now that you've climbed into my man's bed watch me keep you on a tight leash.

Matron Qu was the 4th young master's wet nurse for five years. She put her whole heart into it, to the extent that Tian-Shi as the birth mother was unable to point out a single issue. When the young master turned five, the estate master said that a grown man shouldn't be coddled by a wet nurse anymore to prevent him from ending up with the air of a housewife. Tian-Shi thus transferred her back beside her to be a senior maid.

While Matron Qu became a head maid, those initial bed climbing maids had all disappeared to who knows where.

Many thought Matron Qu was someone with great foresight, and Matron Qu thought of herself the same way.

Having served her mistress from birth, wouldn't she have lived her life in vain if she didn't understand certain things? As long as her mistress could remain stable in her position as the Jinyang Marquis Estate's madam, glory and wealth would rain upon her as long as she continued serving wholeheartedly. No need to become a mistress. A position as a senior maid, with a husband, a son and a daughter was plenty. Her husband didn't even dare take a concubine. Who could say her life wasn't good?

As Matron Qu finished listening to the common maid's report regarding Bi Yuan's situation, she remained expressionless.

Only after finishing her tasks for the day did she make her way over to the main pavilion where the madam lived.

Upon seeing Matron Qu, the maid at the door didn't even announce her presence before allowing her to enter.

As Matron Qu entered, Tian-Shi was leaning on the recliner with her eyes closed as a maid massaged her legs.

Tian-Shi was now over forty years old, but still looked like someone in her twenties. The years left no marks upon her visage, except for traces of maturity and a graceful bearing, as though time was giving her special treatment.

Fate truly was kind to Tian-Shi. Being noble born, marrying into an excellent household, and becoming in charge of household affairs upon marriage as the principal wife. Her mother-in-law was also magnanimous, and did not micromanage. She got along well with her husband and had a pair of sons and a pair of daughters.