Untitled Part 143

Yi Yi tilted her head and carefully examined this person for a while. Her little brows furrowed, and she first called out "father" probingly, before pounding her little feet as she ran over.

Zhuo'er gave that person a glance. He definitely wouldn't say that he had long since recognized him, even quicker than his sister. Although he thought this, he still coyly walked over.

The Jing Prince was immersed in the fact that his children still recognized him, as well as the chaos of the two children surrounding him and saying "you disappeared, where did you go, you naughty". Xiao Hua walked out, glanced over and then told the limp Chun Cao and Ding Xiang to go make food. Were they planning on going hungry tonight?

Dinner was quickly prepared. Ding Xiang and Chun Cao had a discussion in the kitchen over whether highness would stay for dinner. They concluded that it was most likely, and thus put forth their best efforts. They made use of all the ingredients in the house before coming out with four dishes and a soup.

The two brought the food out to the living room and placed it on the small red-painted square table. The two then went and hid in the kitchen.

Zhuo'er and Yi Yi also knew that this meant it was time to eat. They pulled on the Jing Prince's robes and called out "Eat din din". Under his considerate daughter's guidance, the Jing Prince finally entered the residence.

The little living room had a crude little table in the center. She sat there and looked at them expressionlessly. She seemed to see him, yet also seemed to not see him.

His heart was gripped tightly. He wanted to say something but didn't know what he should say. Xiao Hua's following actions dispelled the awkwardness and embarrassment in his heart.

"Sit, eat."

The Jing Prince hurriedly sat down. Xiao Hua dispiritedly rolled her eyes, and then looked at the two children.

"Not eating?"

"Eating, eating together." Yi Yi continuously nodded and said.

Zhuo'er pulled his sister over to the two miniature tables on the side and sat down. The Jing Prince looked at them in amazement. Two little people sat obediently in their little chairs at their little table.

Xiao Hua carried two bowls of rice over and placed them in front of the children: "Eat slowly, don't spill the rice."

"No spill, no spill."

"Only sister spills."

The two little fellows used their own spoons to eat. Yi Yi scooped a couple of bites and looked at the Jing Prince.

"Father eat."

Zhuo'er didn't speak and frowned at the person who wasn't eating.

The Jing Prince glanced at Xiao Hua beside him. Her face was rigid and she didn't say anything. When she filled the bowls with rice, she had filled an extra one and placed it in front of him.

He saw that the bowl was made of crude porcelain and the rice was ordinary white rice instead of Japonica rice. The dishes on the table were very simple: luffa stir fried with egg, plain sautéed vegetables, river shrimp stir fried with garlic chives, simmered eggplant and sliced meat tofu soup.

The two children ate very happily. She also ate with her head lowered. The Jing Prince felt a little sourness in his heart as he thought how she and the children had suffered. No matter how simple her meals had been back at the estate, those simple dishes had been exquisitely prepared. It wouldn't be like this, where stir fried vegetables were just stir fried without using any soup stock for flavoring.