Untitled Part 55

The Jing Prince Estate's western three pavilions were built but remained empty, and thus were not individually named. They were collectively known as the western pavilions.

The western first pavilion's layout was similar to the others, made up of a main residence, eastern and western wings, and some rear buildings.

The Jing Province was located in the north, and the style of buildings were completely different from those of the capital, which had buildings with cold and hard lines, a dignified air and a serene feeling. Although the first western pavilion was in the rear court were the harem lived, the style was similar to that of the Jing Prince Estate.

The main characteristics of northern buildings were as follows: they were big, wide and spacious. It may be due to the fact that rich households here did not like extravagant gardens. Of course the weather was another reason. The first western pavilion occupied a vast area. In the center was an extremely wide courtyard with several pine, cypress and poplar trees and stumps, as well as several flower gardens. At the moment everything was covered by snow, and the courtyard scenery was not visible.

Xiao Hua was arranged to live in the western first pavilion's eastern wing.

It had three rooms, one windowed and two without. The windowed room was the living room, the eastern room was the bedroom and the western room was the sitting room combined with a study. All three rooms were large and spacious.

The east wing also had several smaller houses and a storage building. Despite being called the east wing, it was actually similar to a normal rich household's main residence. It was only slightly worse than regular palace halls since this princely estate was well constructed.

Although the residence had been uninhabited for many years, regular maintenance had never been lacking. With Eunuch Fu's arrangements, palace maids had started to do a thorough cleaning of the entire place. They had even heated up the house to remove any excess dampness. All the decorations and layouts were arranged based on a madam's status. Everything could be said to be taken care of.

Xiao Hua left the Hall of Splendor with empty hands as she went to her future residence. With her came Chun Cao, who also only carried some regular clothing for herself and Xiao Hua.

Xiao Hua had actually wanted to bring all her clothes with her. Having stayed in the Hall of Splendor for so long, she had accumulated quite a few. However, Xiao Xia Zi had said that a madam had her own regulations, and once she arrived at the western pavilion someone would help arrange things for her. Xiao Hua didn't say anything further.

Eunuch Fu moved very quickly. On the fifth day of the New Year, everything had been arranged. The day Xiao Hua left the Hall of Splendor, the Jing Prince wasn't present. The room that Xiao Hua stayed in for so long hadn't changed, but was now completely empty.

.......

The Jing Prince Estate rules stated that a madam had two personal palace maids and four low-ranked palace maids for manual labor. For Xiao Hua's servants, Eunuch Fu had especially instructed Auntie Qi.

Xiao Hua's personal palace maids where two mid-ranked palace maids called Ding Xiang and Ding Lan. Ding Lan was seventeen this year, her round face slightly chubby. Ding Xiang was twenty, her face delicate and pretty while her body was slightly thin. From their behavior it was apparent that Ding Xiang was in charge.

The four low-ranked palace maids were meant for manual labor, and Ding Xiang let Xiao Hua choose their names.

The Jing Prince Estate's rules also stated that palace maids serving by a master's side needed to take new names. Xiao Hua wasn't good with names and left it to Ding Xiang. Ding Xiang called them Chun Lan, Chun Mei, Chun Zhu and Chun Ju.