Untitled Part 184

Start from the beginning

The Jing Emperor understood that if the water was clear, there wouldn't be any fish. After several years of purging, things were much better than before. But the matter of the Yellow River flooding twice had made him rather angry. The Yellow River flooding had always been something that gave emperors headaches throughout history. After spending hundred thousands of silver taels every year without any effect, the Jing Emperor felt that something was not right.

When an imperial censor submitted a note impeaching the river channel's governor Hu Guang Bo for corruption and abuse of law, the Jing Emperor decided to let the crown prince gain some experience.

Knowing that things weren't simple, the Jing Emperor not only made sufficient preparations for the crown prince on the surface, he also secretly sent people to follow him.

Therefore, Yang Nuo left the capital and Luo Zhuo was about to leave as well.

On this trip, he brought Yang Heng along. Yang Heng was the most skilled in martial arts amongst the three apprentice brothers, and it also allowed him to clear his mind.

"Do you feel regretful?"

Yang Heng stood at the end of the boat, and looked pensively back at the capital. Luo Zhuo walked over and patted his shoulder.

Yang Heng stuffed something back into his robes and smiled. "Why should I feel regretful? I was clearly the one interfering. Yi Yi and my brother have feelings for each other." As he spoke, his voice trailed off towards the end.

Luo Zhuo sighed and patted his arm. "It's good you can understand. A man of character won't have trouble finding a wife. In the future, you will definitely find a good girl to marry."

Yang Heng smiled bitterly, and didn't speak.

No matter how good of a girl, it still wouldn't be her.

Having grown up as childhood friends, it would be a lie to say there were no feelings. But he had understood too late, and by the time he realized, Yi Yi and his brother already looked at each other differently.

He had been very dispirited for a few days, and in the end he wasn't resigned. He continued to play dumb for a long time. He just couldn't restrain his feelings, but it ended up making all three of them suffer. His older brother avoided Yi Yi for his sake, and Yi Yi avoided him for his brother's sake.

Actually, he had long since planned on clearing things up with them, but unexpectedly his older brother had taken the lead.

During this time, his heart had been dripping blood while he acted foolish and unaware. Since one was his own brother and one was his childhood friend, he also wanted them to be happy.

Yang Heng looked out upon the churning river, expelled his air of depression and laughed loudly a couple of times. "Highness is right. Men of character won't have trouble finding a wife. I, Yang Heng, is someone who will become a great general. I won't start a family before I accomplish my goals!"

He scarcely imagined that his words were prophetic. In the end, Yang Heng only got married when he was thirty years old. At that time, he had already become a mighty general whose name shook all of society. And also at that time, he encountered his predestined partner.

.......

Luo Zhuo encountered several dangers during this trip, and only returned after half a year. What awaited him on his return was his mom's intimate embrace which he hadn't felt in many years.

Xiao Hua's heart had been full of pain this time. Although the Jing Emperor kept reassuring her that he had sent people along to watch over him, she still couldn't bear seeing the various reports of her son's hardships and injuries.