Untitled Part 182

Start from the beginning

"Mom can deal with father. Father listens to mom the most. Daughter doesn't want to get married yet. Yi Yi wants to spend time with mom and dad...."

Xiao Hua sighed and stroked her daughter's hair.

That night while lying in bed, Xiao Hua sighed and said: "Sir Jing, our daughter says to talk about her marriage two years later."

The Jing Emperor frowned and didn't say anything.

"What do you think we should do? Who knows what those little things are thinking? I'm getting worried from watching."

The Jing Emperor pulled her into his arms and said quietly: "Daughter isn't young anymore. She should be able to decide these things by herself."

"I'm just afraid she will get hurt later....." A mother's heart is like this.

"Our daughter isn't a fool. She's aware of the situation." Compared to Xiao Hua who was a mess due to worrying, the Jing Emperor could see things a little more clearly.

***

"Yi Yi, Yi Yi, wait for me......"

A teenager called from behind. He took a couple of large steps and stepped in front of the fleeing Yi Yi.

"What's wrong? Why have you been avoiding me recently? I got something new to play with and wanted to give it to you, but could never find the opportunity."

As he spoke, the teenager pulled out a little object.

It was a thumb-sized little milky-white rabbit made of suet jade. It was holding and nibbling on a carrot. The carrot was made of red jadeite. What was special about it wasn't the rarity of the jade, but rather the lifelike carving and the fact that it was carved from a single piece of jade.

"Do you like it? I specially picked out the jade and came to give it to you after carving."

The teenager was Yang Heng, who was Yi Yi's childhood friend growing up. The two were both lively and got along well together. Although they became reserved as they grew up since they were opposite genders, Yi Yi wasn't an unreasonable person and Yang Heng often came to the palace. Their relationship remained pretty good.

But at some point, Yi Yi started avoiding Yang Heng, making him endlessly confused. He wondered whether he had accidentally offended her at some point, and found something to try and make her happy.

Yi Yi truly liked it a lot, and fondled it admiringly for a while. She suddenly seemed to think of something and her expression grew complicated. She stuffed the thing back into Yang Heng's hands.

"What? You don't like it?" Yang Heng scratched his head uncomprehendingly.

He was already sixteen as well, and had grown tall and sturdy. His angular face was clearly similar to his father "Iron Pillar" Yang's. It was filled with masculinity, but due to his youth it gave him an air of foolishness.

"That's not it." Yi Yi turned her back to him.

"Then what's wrong? You don't come play with me anymore. Did I do something to anger you?" Yang Heng ran in front of her.

Yi Yi's brows contained a hint of worry. Compared to her normal cheerful and lively self, it was a very big difference.

"Yang Heng, we're both grown up. I can't accept your things....."

"Didn't you accept all my little gifts in the past? Why don't you want them anymore?" Yang Heng really couldn't understand what growing up had to do with accepting or not accepting something.

Yi Yi didn't know how to respond, and could only yell out "If I say I don't want it, then I don't want it" before running off.

Yang Heng was left staring at her back for a long time, before putting the rabbit sorrowfully back into his robes.

.........

That night in the Yang Family's carriage on the way home.

"Bro, Yi Yi lost her temper at me. I don't know where I offended her. She doesn't even want the little rabbit I made for her."

Yang Nuo who was reading with his head lowered glanced at his disheartened little brother. A strange gaze flashed across his eyes. Unfortunately, Yang Heng was sighing with his head lowered and didn't notice.

"The little thing you carved with the jade dad found for you?"

Yang Heng brought the little rabbit out for him to see, "Doesn't this suit Yi Yi very well? Cute, right?"

It was truly very cute.

After Yang Nuo looked at it, he gave a knowing smile. Looking at the little rabbit nibbling on the carrot was like looking at Yi Yi with her eyes narrowed in a satisfied smile, her little mouth twitching mischievously. It made one's heart involuntarily soften.

But these thoughts only lasted a moment. Yang Nuo restrained his smile and returned his gaze back to his book, and turned the page.

"She definitely has her own reasons for not accepting."

"She said it's because she's grown up, and can't accept my gifts anymore. But what does that have to do with growing up!"

Yang Nuo's eyes flashed, "She's a grown lady now, and naturally can't just randomly accept gifts from men."

"But......." Yang Heng brows furrowed before relaxing again, "Forget it. It must be because she's in a bad mood these days. I'll give it to her when her mood improves."

Yang Nuo furrowed his brows instead.