Untitled Part 182

Start from the beginning

That was already eight years ago.

To be honest, Xiao Hua wasn't old. She was thirty-two, which was the prime of a woman's life. This was obvious from the Jing Emperor's occasional infatuated gaze these past few years.

Xiao Hua didn't know that she had involuntarily stunned the Jing Emperor countless times. After being married for a while, there would always be the fear that one's partner would one day get bored. For example, Xiao Hua would occasionally ask the Jing Emperor worriedly whether she had gotten old, and whether she was no longer as beautiful. Another example was that the Jing Emperor would put more effort into his own appearance.

The Jing Emperor had changed quite a lot. First of all, his temperament had changed. In the past he was apathetic. Now, he was still apathetic, but now also had the inviolable air and prestige of a ruler. As someone over forty, he still maintained his health and body appropriately, and was slender yet energetic. However, due to his constant work, his hair had whitened quite a bit at the temples.

In the past he never cared about his own appearance, but when the empress asked worriedly whether she was getting old, he got the urge to look in the mirror. When he saw his reflection in the mirror and then looked at her, he suddenly realized something. If they were getting old, he should be the first one. He was older than her by eleven years after all.

Looking at the increasingly beautiful person and then looking at himself, he felt he was much older than Xiao Hua'er. After asking imperial physicians, the Jing Emperor started taking some medicine made from knotweed.

This naturally couldn't be kept from Xiao Hua. She secretly laughed in her heart but pretended not to know about it. However, when they were together, she would reveal a worried expression and say things like "when I'm old, majesty isn't allowed to leave me for someone new". This gave the Jing Emperor a weird sense of self-confidence, but on the surface, he merely said righteously: "We've loved the empress as Our wife for so many years. It was this way in the past, and will be this way in the future."

Thus, both sides regained their equilibrium and continued their lovey-dovey days, making others envious.

This sort of little amusements between the couple had no winners or losers. As for their daughter Yi Yi, the eldest princess, she both cringed at and admired their relationship.

She and Luo Zhuo were both sixteen. Luo Zhuo didn't have to marry until he was eighteen, but her own matter seemed to be imminent.

When Xiao Hua mentioned the matter of finding a son-in-law for the emperor, Yi Yi was inexplicably unhappy.

"Mom, are you tired of your daughter? I'm only sixteen, why are you in a hurry to marry your daughter off?"

The sixteen year old Yi Yi had already become a rather beautiful young lady. The pair of limpid peach blossom eyes and the inherited palm sized little face from Xiao Hua, along with her curvy willow brows, cherry lips and cheeks that dimpled at a smile made her both sweet and moving.

Xiao Hua pulled Yi Yi into her arms and stroked her daughter's jet-black, thick hair. "Silly lass, mom isn't tired of you. But you're at the age where you should be thinking about marriage. Even if you don't marry right away and do it two years later, it's still something that needs to be decided beforehand."

"Then let's talk about it two years later, alright?"

Xiao Hua didn't speak and looked at her daughter.

"Pleeease? Pleeeease?" Yi Yi acted spoiled with all her might. She knew this act worked on her mom.

"But your father...."