Untitled Part 176

Start from the beginning

"The flowers in the imperial garden are all blooming. Concubine, which one do you like? This servant will cut it and put it in a vase by your make-up counter. Your mood would improve by looking at it."

The low-ranked palace maid chattered on and on. She was a lively little person and spoke a lot. There were quite a few people serving by Concubine Qiao's side, but she had chosen this one as her personal palace maid.

The reason was because she was lively, and helped add some color to her world.

Concubine Qiao stroked the winter jasmine by her hand and said quietly: "Such a lovely flower, it'd be a shame to cut it."

"But it'll still wilt if we didn't cut it."

"It'll still wilt even it if it's not cut....." Concubine Qiao silently muttered.

"Concubine—-" The low-ranked palace maid pulled at Concubine Qiao's sleeves. "The senior concubine is there with the eldest princess and second prince. Shall we go pay respects?"

Concubine Qiao froze and looked over before withdrawing her gaze.

"No need. The senior concubine is definitely unwilling to see us. Let's go, it's getting late. Better go back."

The low-ranked palace maid still wanted to say something but Concubine Qiao had already turned and left.

Xiao Hua hadn't seen Concubine Qiao in a long time. It was rare for them to meet face to face outside of the one day on New Year's Eve. Having not seen her in so long, Xiao Hua only noticed now that she had become extremely haggard with a sense of loneliness between her brows.

Her heart suddenly became heavy.

.......

Yi Yi was running and unexpectedly bumped into someone.

"Yi Yi——"

Hearing her older brother crown prince's voice, Yi Yi raised her head with a smile.

"Big bro, you also came to the gardens? Why aren't you studying today...."

Luo Zhuo's brows were furrowed and looked at her from the side. The person Yi Yi had ran into was Yang Nuo.

"Big bro Nuo, you're here as well."

Yang Nuo didn't say anything and helped the eldest princess up.

Luo Zhuo who was seven years old now was wearing the crown prince's regular outfit. Now that he was older, he looked even more like the Jing Emperor. When the two stood together, one was the large version and the other was the miniature version. Even their expressions were similar.

Of course, Luo Zhuo was still quite different in front of his mother concubine and his siblings. At least he became more talkative.

"I heard that mother concubine brought you and second brother over, and came to find you. You're already so old but are still running around wildly."

"I'm just playing with second brother...."

Right as she spoke, Luo Yu came and grabbed Yi Yi's waist from behind and laughed loudly, "Big sis, big sis, give me the net."

"Here you go, you naughty thing."

Yu'er finally got the net in his hands, and his face turned red in excitement. He called out a greeting to his older brother and big bro Nuo Nuo before running off.

"Greetings to the eldest princess."

Yi Yi frowned and looked at Yang Nuo, "I've told you several times that you don't have to call me eldest princess. Just call me Yi Yi."