Untitled Part 166

Start from the beginning

Only now did these fervent people remember that their path to wealth and status had a stumbling block: the emperor's favored concubine, the prime senior concubine. After giving birth to three children, the crown prince was also her son. The Jing Emperor had challenged his officials in court for her sake. Prime! Senior! Concubine!

Something happened next that poured another bucketful of cold water onto their heads.

The Jing Emperor instructed the empress to hand over the phoenix seal symbolizing her status to the prime senior concubine, giving her temporary control over the six offices!

Just as everyone was becoming restless, the Jinyang madam sent a request to the palace for a meeting with the prime senior concubine.

Xiao Hua met her in the Chenxi Palace's main hall. She was also curious what Tian-Shi wanted to see her for.

After exchanging pleasantries, Tian-Shi made her speech.

The gist of it was that the empress was about to be stripped of her position, but the senior concubine's birth definitely wasn't sufficient for her to take the position. Rather than have a new, unrelated empress as her opponent, she might as well have someone on friendly terms with her. Tian-Shi then recommended her maternal family's niece. She said her niece Qi Yue was very amicable, gentle and magnanimous. She would definitely become good friends with the senior concubine. At that time, with the combined power of the empress and the senior concubine, the rear palace would be fully under their control.

Tian-Shi's words were very ambiguous, but Xiao Hua could understand her meaning.

Xiao Hua wondered where Tian-Shi got her thick skin from. Why was she so sure she needed to cooperate with the future empress to be able to live peacefully!? Couldn't she do so alone?

She was the Grand Xi's majestic senior concubine, who was only beneath a few people. After giving birth to three of his majesty's children, including the crown prince, did she really need to join forces with others?

Don't blame Xiao Hua for talking big. Someone had truly instilled her with such confidence.

Xiao Hua had revealed her feelings of inferiority to the Jing Emperor last time, and although he hadn't said anything at the time, he constantly instilled some confidence in her whenever he had free time.

For example: you're currently the senior concubine, which is an existence higher than a first-rank official. Your yearly salary is even higher than the prime minister's. The crown prince was raised by you, and he will be the next emperor in the future. At that point, you would be the empress dowager. The royal concubine had wanted that position for so long but was unsuccessful. You're able to obtain it so easily. We currently solely favor you, and there isn't anyone else. Just based on this, you're able to look down on everyone else....

As the Jing Emperor was speaking, his attitude was very serious and his expression solemn. Xiao Hua also listened very seriously, but her expression was a little twisted. The Jing Emperor using such a serious tone to talk her up gave Xiao Hua a sort of very weird feeling.

Although she felt weird about it, she understood his intentions. He was giving her confidence while also telling her what he would give her. He would give everything to her. She was certainly moved. Especially since the most powerful man was repeatedly telling her things like you're awesome, you're more awesome than anyone else. We and the children are sufficient for you not to fear anything.

Thus, Xiao Hua was hypnotized.

Therefore, she was very calm when facing Tian-Shi, and wasn't worried at all. This is why she was rather surprised at Tian-Shi's thoughts. How are you worthy to say such things to me?