Untitled Part 159

Start from the beginning

This cough was warning the senior concubine not to forget her own status.

But since Xiao Hua wasn't there to pay respects to begin with, she naturally played the fool.

"Empress, is your health not good?" She knit her willow brows and acted concerned, "If it's not good, you must call for an imperial physician. Otherwise, what would be the point of having them around? They receive an imperial salary yet aren't even able to cure such a small issue. Our empress still wants to give birth to several offspring for his majesty!"

Xiao Hua's tone was very worried, but these words struck the empress a heavy blow. Her face couldn't help but turn red.

Xiao Hua lightly adjusted her phoenix hairpin, giving a lovely and charming smile, "Oh, sincere apologies, empress. This servant concubine's mouth never had a filter and I ended up airing out all your business. But it's fine, giving birth to offspring for his majesty is supposed to be the harem's most important order of business anyway. As the empress, you naturally have this in mind all the time. Luckily this servant concubine doesn't have to bear such a burden." She let out a sigh, "His majesty has also said this servant concubine has worked rather hard. After giving birth to this second prince, I can take a break for a year and a half. Otherwise it wouldn't be good for my health."

"You—–"

"This servant concubine has decided to go along with it. It's good that his majesty is considerate. He has too few offspring in the palace currently. There's only just three. This servant concubine is under a lot of pressure you know. Empress, you must take care of your body properly. This servant concubine is waiting for you to help share the burden....."

"Cough cough......cough cough....."

"Empress, what's wrong with you now? Why are you coughing so much? What are you all good for? Why aren't you calling for a physician after seeing the empress so seriously ill?"

Seeing the prime senior concubine get angry, the palace maids on the side all knelt down.

"Prime senior concubine, it's not that these servants are irresponsible. The imperial physician had already examined the empress. It's due to her previous illness acting up. They can't treat the cause, and can only help her recuperate."

"Oh—-so that's the case. I've accused you unjustly. You may all rise."

Xiao Hua lifted her brows slightly and returned to her seat.

In this brief period of time, she changed from lovable and foolish to heavily worried, followed by a beauty's anger. Now she showed an understanding expression. Her face truly changed too quickly. Not only was Virtuous Concubine Qiao and the others unable to react, even the coughing empress had paused in astonishment.

Was this prime senior concubine pretending, or was she really being considerate? She stabbed at all the empress's sore spots. Her words continuously committed murder without drawing blood. The empress's face was almost purple from anger.

Xiao Hua clicked her tongue and looked at the red-faced panting empress and said: "Empress, you must definitely take care of yourself. Our majesty is still waiting for you to give him an heir."

The Serene Concubine's eyes flashed and she followed up saying: "That's right. Empress must definitely take care of yourself."

Xiao Hua held back a meaningful smile and gave the Serene Concubine a glance.

Was she looking to avenge old grievances?!

No matter what, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

"Little sis Serene Concubine is correct. Empress, look at how all your sisters are worried for your royal self. You must really take care. If anything happened to you, wouldn't it be benefitting others?"