Untitled Part 155

Start from the beginning

They finally revealed their intentions, but it turns out they had actually wanted to ask about the little lass from several years ago.

Grandma Wang still remembered that lass. Who knew where such a fine little lass ended up being sold off to. Grandma Wang felt sad just thinking about it.

She was sad for herself, and it was also a sort of sympathy for someone suffering the same plight.

Grandma Wang's eyes stared vacantly, confusion written across her wizened face, "Who are you asking about? You, from the Liu family's second branch, this old woman is already old. My memory hasn't been good these few years...."

As she spoke, Grandma Wang fumbled around, using a stick to prod at the stove fire. Her movements were slow and wooden.

This person from the Liu family's second branch also felt they were making things difficult for this old woman. She was so old her memory definitely wasn't good. Seeing that they couldn't get anything out of her, they returned and reported to Matron Qu.

Grandma Wang watched him leave and sighed again. Who knows why they're bringing up that lass, it's been almost five years since she was sold!

Tian-Shi received the reply and felt even less confident.

Just as she was about to dispel this notion, Bi Yuan suddenly asked to see her.

"Madam, this servant remembered one more thing. That little lass had a pair of extremely beautiful eyes."

Tian-Shi quivered, and called someone to bring over a paper and a brush. She make a few strokes with her brush.

"Did it look like this?"

"Right, right. The shape is very similar. This servant hadn't seen such an eye shape her entire life."

Tian-Shi took a deep breath and took out a new piece of paper. She started drawing carefully, and soon an exquisite beauty's face appeared. After adding the final touches, she had Bi Yuan take a look.

"Did she look like this?"

Bi Yuan continuously nodded "This servant has only noticed her once. This little lass looked very outstanding, but strangely never attracted anyone's attention."

"Alright, you may leave. Remember not to mention this to anyone."

After Bi Yuan left, Tian-Shi's eyes flashed weirdly.

A person's temperament could change and their appearance would change a little as they matured. But this sort of change would definitely not be too big. She looked at the person in the drawing once again and revealed a profound smile.

However, Tian-Shi was always thorough in doing things. Despite being sure in her heart, she still had people ask around outside.

Although Xiao Hua's background seemed mysterious to many people, it wasn't really a secret. After the Jinyang madam investigated and matched up the timing, she finally confirmed that this prime senior concubine was a bed-crawling maid she had sold off back in the day.

Could this information be used to her advantage?

The pampered prime senior concubine. She grew excited just thinking about it.

***

Once the empress somewhat recovered, she came to pay respects to Royal Concubine Xiao. This was the first time meeting with the royal concubine after being conferred empress.

The royal concubine lived in the Cian Palace's main hall. Compared to the other former concubines who shared a side hall, her treatment could be counted as extremely good.