Untitled Part 154

Start from the beginning

Once she returned to her estate, the Jingyang Marquis saw his madam still looking dazed and couldn't help but ask: "What is it? You seem to be preoccupied this whole time."

Tian-Shi felt her mouth was a little dry and her heart was pounding over her conjecture. She cleared her throat and asked: "Lord Marquis, do you know anything about that prime senior concubine? Do you know what her family background is like?"

The Jinyang Marquis muttered to himself and shook his head, "Why are you suddenly asking this? This prime senior concubine's background is very mysterious. No one's heard much about her before, so it's likely she doesn't have a noble background."

Tian-Shi swallowed and pretended to be calm: "It's nothing. I just felt that she was extremely beautiful and was curious."

***

Xiao Hua returned to the Chenxi Palace. After half an hour, the Jing Emperor returned as well.

His fair face contained a hint of red. He seemed to have drank some alcohol.

Xiao Hua personally helped him out of his clothes and prepared water for a bath. When the Jing Emperor finished bathing, Xiao Hua was in the middle of eating swallow's nest porridge.

"Majesty, want to eat some?"

The Jing Emperor brushed aside his damp hair and reclined lazily on the couch. He shook his head.

After Xiao Hua finished eating, she grabbed a cotton handkerchief from Chun Cao and went to the couch to dry the Jing Emperor's hair.

The Jing Emperor didn't like having others serving him closely, especially regarding his hair. Apart from those special few people, he would never let anyone else touch it. Every time he finished washing his hair, if Xiao Hua didn't say anything he would just let it drip, and didn't even know to call someone to dry it.

Ever since Xiao Hua realized this bad habit of his, she wouldn't be able to endure it and would dry his hair for him. He thus became dependent on her. Whenever he washed his hair, he would wander about in front of Xiao Hua with his wet hair until she couldn't endure any longer and dried it for him.

After Xiao Hua dried the Jing Emperor's hair, she saw how comfortable he looked and had Ding Xiang bring over a comb. She let him lean against her legs as she slowly brushed his hair loose and used her fingers to massage his scalp at the same time.

The Jing Emperor squinted his eyes in pleasure, and played around with the corner of Xiao Hua's clothes. He seemed to be in a very good mood.

"Was today tiring?"

"Tiring. There were too many rules. Only after experiencing this event did I realize that the etiquette I learned in the past didn't really count as etiquette." Xiao Hua let out an embarrassed laugh. "It's a good thing there was the female official helping. I ended up leaving as soon as I was able to."

The Jing Emperor let out a satisfied "en" sound, "There will be many such occasions in the future. It's good to get used to it."

Once the Jing Emperor's hair was pretty much dry, the two of them went to bed.

The curtains were lowered and the Jing Emperor's gaze changed. Xiao Hua naturally understood what this meant.

After the previous emperor passed away, he needed to observe the mourning period. She had been pregnant and he was busy every day. During this long half a year, the two of them had only done it once or twice. Furthermore, since they had to be cautious they couldn't properly enjoy themselves.

The Jing Emperor had truly been starved. He didn't say any superfluous words before pressing over. Having not done it for a while, Xiao Hua was also quite starved. The Jing Emperor merely teased her a few times before she wasn't able to endure it any longer.