Untitled Part 149

Start from the beginning

It was a single compound pavilion. Although it was small, it was very complete. Actually it wasn't that small. A single compound in the palace naturally couldn't be compared to the outside, and was several times larger. Especially since the eastern palace had traditionally been the crown prince's residence, so it naturally was constructed with extraordinary magnificence.

"We moved quite hurriedly so things are a little crude. If there's anything inconvenient, just let Auntie Qi know."

Xiao Hua pulled Luo Jing's hand and smiled as she looked around, "How can there be any inconvenience. This place is so nice."

"Is the baby bothering you?"

"Not too badly. There was some nausea before and lack of appetite. Matron Xu said this is normal."

"En. Everything from the western pavilion has been moved over. Don't hesitate to ask if there's something you want to eat."

Luo Jing sat with Xiao Hua for a while before leaving.

He had set aside some time in his busy schedule to be able to come over. The beginning was always the hardest. Governing a nation naturally couldn't be compared to governing a vassal state. Others could only provide some guidance. Many things he would have to figure out on his own.

The various things in the pavilion had been prepared in advance. This included Xiao Hua's previous things, which had been sent over from the Jing Province. Ding Xiang's group spent some time organizing the things she and the two children brought over.

After a while, Xiao Xia Zi came over to pay his respects. He told her he would continue serving the virtuous wife in her pavilion, and told her that everything in this place had been arranged by Eunuch Fu according to his highness's instructions. She could live here at ease and not have to worry about anything.

Xiao Hua naturally understood what he meant. He was telling her that everything was kept under watch, and she wouldn't have to worry about demons and monsters playing dirty tricks. Having sat in a carriage the entire morning, Xiao Hua was tired. After lunch, she went and took a nap.

When she woke up in the afternoon, Ding Xiang told Xiao Hua what she knew while she brushed her hair.

There weren't that many people living in the eastern palace. His highness didn't have many people in his harem, and together they took up less than a third of the palace's space. His highness's study was in the center, and the consort's residence was directly behind. Virtuous Wife Qiao and the two virtuous beauties lived behind the consort's residence. In theory, Xiao Hua should also be living behind the consort's residence, but was arranged by the crown prince to live in the pavilion to his right.

This little pavilion wasn't as nice as the consort's place, but was the closest to the crown prince. Furthermore, it was well furnished, and even had its own kitchen. Nana He and Auntie Meng's group didn't have to move, and remained working in Xiao Hua's kitchen.

The eastern palace also had a dining area, but it was only responsible for the consort and the other few's meals. The crown prince and Xiao Hua ate in the small kitchen in her pavilion.

Everything seemed to be the same as before and Xiao Hua temporarily put her heart at ease.

Having been protected by the Jing Prince for several years, Xiao Hua always adopted an attitude of avoidance towards the Jing Consort Xiao-Shi. She also understood that things were no longer the same. In the Jing Prince Estate, his highness could restrain the consort a little. She could hide inside the western pavilion and not go out. Now that they've entered the palace, they were constantly under scrutiny. Now that the consort was no longer muzzled, there would probably be quite a few battles in the coming days.