Untitled Part 144

Start from the beginning

Xiao Hua also didn't know what to say, and could only make up an excuse: 'There's only him in his family, and he's often gone for business. I've moved everything over here this time, and our original house was also getting old. It's about time for a change...."

Cui Zhi nodded and didn't ask for more details. She patted her hands and said: "It's normal for a couple to argue. As long as he admits his mistakes, it should be enough. Don't keep giving him attitude."

The problem was that he never admitted his mistakes. He didn't say anything, and ran off after eating his fill!

Seeing Xiao Hua's expression turn ugly again, Cui Zhi asked curiously: "What's wrong?"

"He left."

"Ah? He's that busy, and could only stay with you and the children for a single night? Then you should give him some attitude...."

After the three children played on the side for a while, Zhuo'er took out a small paper package from his bib, "My dad earned some money and bought some tasty things for me and my sister. I'll give you a piece."

Hairball immediately dropped the stick in his hands and leaned in.

There were three extremely fine treats inside the small paper package that gave off an alluring smell. Little Hairball couldn't help but swallow a few mouthfuls of saliva and reached out to grab one with his hand.

Cui Zhi glanced meaningfully at Xiao Hua before standing up and saying: "You have to wash your hands before eating. Come, auntie will help you guys wash your hands."

Xiao Hua sat there both embarrassed and shy. When did he come back with money? He even bought treats for the children.

After sharing with his little playmate, Zhuo'er and his sister each took a piece. Zhuo'er then brought his sister home along with his mom.

"When did dad give Zhuo'er the treat?"

The moment they got back, Xiao Hua crouched and asked her son.

"When it was still dark outside. He brought it over. Sister was sleeping. Zhuo'er was awake."

So it was in the middle of the night before he left?

"Then did dad say anything to Zhuo'er?"

"Dad told me to make sure Yi Yi and mom behave. He said he's going to go earn money, and will come see us after a period of time." Zhuo'er furrowed his little brows, "Mom, why does dad always run off? Not well behaved at all. When will he be back?"

"He'll be back once he earns some money."

***

This round of money earning took almost four months before he returned.

During these months, Xiao Hua had missed him and wondered what he was up to. But since her knowledge was limited, she truly couldn't figure out what was so dangerous he had to keep it hidden and avoid her. It was to the extent that he hadn't sent any news over in a long time.

She would occasionally wonder if he had a new flame, and whether he had forgotten about her and the children. Deep inside she would never be willing to believe this, and she waited for him to come give her an explanation.

Quite a few things happened during these four months. The two children grew taller and became more mature. The people in the East Yuling alley were truly passionate. Since Xiao Hua wasn't a widow, they shifted their attention to her "older sister", the also "widowed" Ding Xiang.

The potential partner they introduced was, very coincidentally, Zhao Da who lived across from them.

Zhao Da was twenty-four or five years old and was still single. He was a bachelor living with several brothers. He couldn't be said to be penniless, but also couldn't be said to have a good background. As for Ding Xiang, despite being a widow she was hardworking and had a good personality. She was more than a good match for Zhao Da.