Untitled Part 132

Start from the beginning

The Jing Prince lifted the curtains, put on his underwear and stepped outside. Xiao Hua heard a few movements, as though someone had come in. A few quiet words were exchanged and the Jing Prince returned.

"You sleep first. This humble prince has some things to take care of."

Xiao Hua nodded. She wondered what business needed to be taken care of so late at night.

The Jing Prince's brows immediately furrowed after reading the letter from the capital.

He sat there without moving, his hand tapping against the table. Eunuch Fu served some tea and took his leave. His highness's current state was rarely seen, and it was clear he was pondering over a major issue.

The Jing Prince sat there the entire night. Only when dawn was breaking did he slowly move a little.

Having not slept the entire night, his eyes were a little bloodshot. He didn't go discuss things with his advisor. No amount of discussion would help with this sort of thing. He could only ponder over it himself. He was also extremely clear that the slightest misstep at this point would lead to a completely different outcome.

Of course he could choose the safest path, and continue hiding his resources and strength. This would also mean abandoning Imperial Physician Zhou.

It wasn't that the Jing Prince was unwilling to abandon that person. He just felt that there might be a middle ground between the two extremes. When the letter was first delivered, the emotion that flashed through his heart actually wasn't fear or helplessness. It was a sort of excitement.

This sort of excitement wasn't foreign to the Jing Prince. It meant that there was an opportunity to exploit.

The Jing Prince finally made up his mind around noon. Having thought things through, he no longer hesitated, and personally placed his written reply in the copper tube on the falcon's leg.

Watching the falcon fly off into the clouds, the Jing Prince let out a breath. He turned around and headed towards the western pavilion.

.......

The Jing Prince hadn't returned all night. Although Xiao Hua didn't express anything, she still wondered about it.

Right as she was playing with her daughter and son, the Jing Prince suddenly came in.

"Highness."

"Father, father...."

Yi Yi cried out. The current Yi YI was already able to say father. She learned slower than her brother, and as of now, she could only say a couple of words at a time. In comparison, Zhuo'er spoke much clearer.

The Jing Prince looked at Xiao Hua and their children before asking for water. Only after washing his hands did the Jing Prince walk over to pick up his daughter.

"Highness didn't sleep all last night?" Xiao Hua saw the Jing Prince's bloodshot eyes.

He nodded.

"Have you eaten? How can you not sleep? What business is so urgent?"

As she fussed over him as usual, she called Ding Xiang to have the small kitchen send some food over. Before long, four dishes and a soup was set on the table along with a bowl of rice.

The two children were now especially interested in food. Whenever they saw something on the table, they knew it was edible. Zhuo'er only looked silently while Yi Yi pointed and said "Father, father, mom, mom", indicating that she wanted to eat. She was more excited than the Jing Prince who had skipped two meals.

"You little glutton, you're drooling over your father's little bit of food. Didn't you just eat?" Xiao Hua spoke as she pulled her daughter over.

The Jing Prince gave her a glance before sitting at the table.

Yi Yi watched as her father put all sorts of tasty things into his mouth, and she started subconsciously drooling. She looked at her mom, wiped her mouth and her eyes narrowed as though she were about to cry. Zhuo'er was a little better than Yi Yi, but his little eyes were also staring.

"Are all children such gluttons? Look, our daughter is drooling."

The Jing Prince looked as she teased their daughter and said: "Teething."

Xiao Hua snorted and wiped her daughter's mouth, "How is this teething? Look, her tears are about to overflow...."

Right as she spoke, Yi Yi started crying. She mumbled with her mouth "father, eat".

"Fine, fine, mom won't say anymore. Let father give us some tasty food, fill up our little Yi Yi's mouth."

Xiao Hua saw that there was a plate of bamboo slices, and had Ding Xiang grab some and bring it over on a small plate. She first wiped their hands before using chopsticks to feed them.

The two children were both impatient at this point. Xiao Hua had just stretched the chopsticks out when Yi Yi snatched the bamboo slice away. When she went to feed Zhuo'er, he did the same thing.

"I knew this would happen." That's why Xiao Hua wiped their hands first.

The two of them gripped the bamboo slices tightly and stuffed it into their mouths. Seeing them eating with great gusto, Xiao Hua didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

"It's that delicious?!"

Zhuo'er and Yi Yi had both grown quite a few teeth, so the bamboo slices were quickly eaten. Xiao Hua gave them each another slice.

After the Jing Prince finished his meal, the two little ones also finished their bamboo slices. Actually it couldn't really be said to be finished. Once they got to the last half a slice, the two were no longer eating but were nibbling on it for fun. Xiao Hua then took it from their hands. Since the two of them no longer felt like eating, they cooperated.

After, Ding Xiang and the rest brought over some water. Xiao Hua washed the children's hands and changed out their bibs. Little young master Zhuo'er and little young mistress Yi Yi became sparking clean white jade dolls.

Looking at her busying herself with the two children on the kiln, the Jing Prince's gaze softened....

So what if he continued with his plans? Things had already gotten to the point where none of the parties could coexist. It was fine if he were to die, but there was no way he would be willing to let the three of them suffer the same fate.....

Author's words:

According to everyone's wishes, the next book will be about fatty Yun vs the domineering consort.

Apologies to those who wanted to read about the wicked woman. However, that will be following book.

Thinking about fatty Yun's novel from the beginning, I really want to write from a male's perspective. All the other novels are from a female's perspective. But I'm also afraid things won't work out. Sob....

While pondering over the perspective, this author has typed up a synopsis for it in the meantime. Interested readers can go check it out.