Untitled Part 131

Start from the beginning

Xiao Hua put her chopsticks down and said while smiling: "Forgot there was alcohol. This servant concubine will give highness a toast."

The white jade cup contained rose colored Drunken Rouge. This was precisely the "Drunken Rouge" that women could drink a lot of. The Jing Prince's cup was filled and he lifted it up and drained it once more.

With the presence of alcohol, the two people didn't just focus on eating anymore. The two finished the jug of alcohol and ate a little more before clearing the table.

The room fell silent once again. Xiao Hua looked at the Jing Prince who sat there stuffily, and finally opened her mouth and said: "Highness, are you feeling uncomfortable?"

The Jing Prince gave her a glance and didn't speak.

"I don't mind and the children don't mind. What need is there to brood over things?"

The Jing Prince wasn't able to say anything about making up for it in the future. He felt such words would sound superficial if said out loud. He couldn't only pull her into his arms and quietly stroke her hair.

The sound of Yi Yi's laughter rang out. Only then did Xiao Hua remember she had Ding Xiang go bring the two children over so the wet nurses could enjoy the feast as well. She hurriedly sat up from the Jing Prince's arms and received the children, putting their daughter in the Jing Prince's arms while holding her son.

"Alright, you guys can leave. It's a good day today, no need to remain on duty."

Yi Yi was very happy to see her father, and warbled several unclear notes, smiling extremely brightly in his arms. The things she had gathered up in the morning were all sent to her room. The wet nurses had sorted through them and given her everything that she was able to play with. Yi Yi was pleased to death.

"Matron Xu said that after turning a year old, children can slowly learn to speak. I've tried teaching them many times but nothing seems to work."

"Only just turned one, no hurry."

Xiao Hua nodded, but still teased Zhuo'er with her mouth, "Good Zhuo'er. Say father."

She wasn't expecting anything this time, but Zhuo'er hummed a couple of times, and from his little mouth came the word "wolf".

Wolf?

Xiao Hua extrapolated and figured out that her son was calling mom.

"Our Zhuo'er actually knows how to say mom?" She teased him while she spoke, "Say it again."

This time the sound was clearer, "wolf."

"Not wolf. Mom."

"Wolf."

"It's mom, not wolf."

After emphasizing it several times, it still didn't work. Xiao Hua thus helplessly became a wolf. Only then did she remember there was still dad. She gave the Jing Prince a glance and hurriedly turned her son towards him.

"Zhuo'er, say fa—-ther."

Zhuo'er glanced at the Jing Prince and turned his head away again.

Who told you to only cherish our daughter normally? Now he's ignoring you. Xiao Hua secretly thought in amusement, but was also afraid of making the Jing Prince's mood even worse. She left her son to play by himself and tried to make Yi Yi say father.

Unfortunately, after trying for a long while, Yi Yi only looked confused, letting out yips and yaps with her mouth.

"Little Yi Yi is too dumb." Mom said in jest.