Untitled Part 129

Start from the beginning

If this were in the past, these suitors were more than a match for Li Miao Lian. But things were different now. How could the grand Jing Prince's cousin be a match for these people?

Li Xue Bing was angered. He ignored Qi-Shi and Concubine He's attempts at persuading him and sent the Jing Prince a message.

Right as night fell, the general manager by the Jing Prince's side, Eunuch Fu, came over.

Seeing Eunuch Fu, the Li family were all rather courteous.

After a bout of pleasantries, Eunuch Fu got right to the point and said: "Lord uncle isn't an outsider so this one won't put on any airs. The list of people was sent over by madam, but had also been screened by his highness. How could his highness harm his own cousin? Although these people don't seem to have impressive backgrounds, they have all relied on themselves to get to where they are. Lord uncle should think of it this way: is family background more important or personal ability? Of course, background is definitely still important, but those without ability would still be useless in the end. These people relied on themselves at such a young age for their achievements. Although their current position is a little low, who knows what their prospects are like in the future. Especially since they will have help from his highness."

"Most importantly, those families are simple without a bunch of in-laws and concubines. Becoming the mistress of the house the moment she marries in, wouldn't her life be happy and carefree?"

Li Xue Bing's brows were still furrowed but Qi-Shi seemed to be lost in thought.

"Sorry for inconveniencing Eunuch Fu. It's all because we're too worried about the second young mistress. Leave the rest to the lord and this madam."

"Sure, this one will take his leave first."

Li Xue Bing hadn't declared his position yet when Qi-Shi voiced her opinion.

She was a woman, and naturally knew that Eunuch Fu's words made a lot of sense. As the wife of a former magistrate, her social circle was still quite broad. She knew that some households appeared glamorous, but were actually filled with internal strife. The young masters of slightly rich households would have a bunch of chambermaids before they were even married.

Having raised her daughter herself, she was clear about her personality. Having been pampered from a young age, she had no insightfulness and merely knew how to make a fuss. If she really had to face off against a bunch of concubines and what not, how was she to live? It was better to find a smaller household and be a harmonious couple for the rest of their lives. With a royal cousin behind her, the man would definitely have to treat her like a treasure.

After Qi-Shi thought things through, she carefully sorted through the pile of pictures. After looking through them for half the night, she picked three of them. The next day she looked them over once more and even asked Concubine He to look them over before deciding on a young man surnamed Zhou.

This young man Zhou was the quartermaster at the imperial guard's office of the Jing Prince Estate, a major sixth rank official. The imperial guard's office had a commander and a vice-commander. The quartermaster was an assistant under these commanders, and also commanded a certain number of guards. Quartermaster Zhou's family was simple. There was only his old mother. His house was within the Jing Prince Estate near the outskirts.

This meant that even if her daughter was married off, she would still be close by, and wouldn't need to worry about being wronged.

Qi-Shi grew more satisfied the more she looked, and brought the page to discuss with Li Xue Bing. Li Xue Bing was still a little dissatisfied, and felt that his background was a little lacking. However, he couldn't convince Qi-Shi. Qi-Shi was normally not good with words, but when it had to do with her own daughter she would be very stubborn. Li Xue Bing could only comply, and agreed.