Untitled Part 123

Start from the beginning

It was like they knew the enemy was ahead, and couldn't help but prepare their defenses. Xiao Xia Zi and Xiao Qin Zi had been pulled into their camp at some point, and had even come to her to swear their loyalty.

What they meant was that even if there was the Jing Consort above, they would still remain loyal to madam.

Xiao Hua was quite amused, but also a little touched.

Xiao Hua asked Chun Cao about it later, and Chun Cao told her the news was obtained by Xiao Xia Zi. It seemed he knew quite a few people inside the estate. Chun Cao wasn't sure where Xiao Xia Zi got the news from.

Although Xiao Hua trusted the Jing Prince to protect her, it was still better to be informed about the Jing Consort's movements. That woman's insane behavior and cruel methods had left a deep impression on Xiao Hua. Now that she had two children, she couldn't take any risks.

Therefore, Xiao Hua approved of Ding Xiang, Xiao Xia Zi and the rest's attitudes. Although she didn't explicitly say so, everyone was clear in their hearts.

Actually things weren't really divided into separate camps. Everyone was part of the western pavilion. They would rise together or fall together. Since his highness had even left his own personal storage for madam to manage, everyone knew what they should do.

Even Eunuch Fu and his group didn't just sit by as the Jing Consort was released. Eunuch Fu especially had arranged countless ears and eyes.

Over at the western pavilion, Old Fu's attention was placed on the little master and mistress. He would protect them however he could. Even more so since Madam Hua's actions and deeds were seen by him, including how she would purposefully leave the children in the west wing for his visits. To say he didn't feel anything would be a lie.

Therefore, both he and Auntie Qi turned a blind eye to Ding Xiang, Xiao Xia Zi and the rest's movements.

Xiao Xia Zi still felt that following the madam had resulted in glory after all, and would get flattered by people every time he walked out the door. What he didn't know was those above had been watching him. It's just that they approved of his actions. Otherwise he wouldn't have been able to leave the western pavilion doors, let alone obtain news from the Changchun Pavilion.

Xiao Xia Zi's information was very up to date and thorough. Xiao Hua would be astonished every time.

It included how many bowls of rice they ate, who came over, even what they talked about, all given in great detail. It gave Xiao Hua a weird feeling that Xiao Xia Zi was omnipotent.

Only when Nana He gave her a few hints during their idle chats did Xiao Hua realize there was someone behind him.

She turned her head, picked up Zhuo'er and Yi Yi and kissed them until they were both yelling loudly, before saying some mysterious words: "Mother is benefitting from my two darlings."

Ding Lan and the others were confused, but Ding Xiang seemed to understand.

The Jing Prince finished his morning's work at the Hall of Deliberation, and went towards the western pavilion. On the way, he suddenly asked Eunuch Fu a question out of the blue.

"It seems quite lively recently?"

Eunuch Fu froze and didn't respond.

Only after the Jing Prince finished his thought did he understand what he meant.

"You've done very well."

It suddenly dawned on Eunuch Fu.

Seems like his highness wasn't without common sense after all. Was this what Eunuch Chang meant by things were naturally different after becoming a dad?