Untitled Part 123

Start from the beginning

That evening, the Jing Prince returned and asked if Eunuch Chang had handed the thing over. Xiao Hua confirmed it, but also said she didn't understand these matters.

The Jing Prince said that it was fine, Eunuch Chang and Auntie Qi could be relied on. Actually, with Auntie Qi handling things, Xiao Hua only had to think about it when funds needed to be allocated.

Only now did Xiao Hua realize that Eunuch Chang was embellishing his own role when he said he verified things with Auntie Qi. No wonder Auntie Qi seemed so busy all the time. Everything had been thrown to her to handle.

This included Eunuch Fu, who she knew was selling dog meat while hanging a sheep's head. Despite being the general manager in name, he didn't actually manage anything. Apart from serving by the Jing Prince's side every day, he would secretly go see Zhuo'er and Yi Yi in his free time.

Xiao Hua would often see Eunuch Fu playing with the two children when he was free during the day. The two children were also quite fond of him, and would let out little cries whenever he came. Once Xiao Hua figured out his schedule, she would put the children in the western wing before he came, in case he was embarrassed to come over to her place.

Hearing the Jing Prince's words, Xiao Hua felt relieved.

She also didn't say anything, and didn't ask about the situation with the Jing Consort. It didn't have anything to do with her. She just had to raise her children properly in the western pavilion.

***

The past year hadn't been good to the Jing Consort.

Her health was poor and she would often be bedridden. After constantly drinking medicinal soup, her health would finally improve but she would fall ill again at the turn of the weather or the wind.

She had made a fuss and a ruckus before, but the people around her didn't pay attention to her. The palace maids all served wholeheartedly, but none of them spoke with her.

She complained and resented, but the person she hated never appeared in front of her. As time went by, the loneliness even caused her hatred to dull.

The Jing Consort had previously wondered if she would spend the rest of her days like this.

Being suddenly released from confinement was like the doors to the world had opened to her once more. Only then did she realize that as long as she was still there, he couldn't keep her locked up forever.

Senior Concubine Qiao came to the Changchun Pavilion on the first day of the consort's release.

The Jing Consort knew how powerless she truly was currently. Thus when Senior Concubine Qiao presented the opportunity, both of them let bygones be bygones. The Jing Consort knew why her confinement had been lifted. She really had to thank this aunt of his who suddenly appeared.

As for that person, the Jing Consort hadn't forgotten about her. She heard from Senior Concubine Qiao how favored that person had been over the past two years. But the Jing Consort knew that with the Jing Prince propping her up from behind, she really couldn't do anything to her.

But no matter. What she should focus on was getting closer to the women of this uncle's family. The rest can be figured out later.

"Servants, come help this consort get changed and dolled up."

***

The Jing Consort hosted the Li family's women in the Changchun Pavilion, and it was said they got along quite well.

This news was reported by Chun Cao. Ever since the Jing Consort was released, Xiao Hua sensed that the attitudes of her personal maids had changed. It was like they were all ready for action.