Untitled Part 109

Start from the beginning

Xiao Hua seemed to be in a daze from staring. Only after the Jing Prince sat across from her did she snap out of it. She grabbed a hand towel and wanted to dry his hair for him, but the Jing Prince didn't let her. He had Xiao Xia Zi do it instead.

"I thought you still needed a couple more days before you would be back."

"Things were completed so this humble prince came back."

"Is highness hungry? Want to eat something?"

The Jing Prince shook his head. He usually didn't eat outside of mealtimes.

The servants all left and only the two of them remained. Xiao Hua wanted to cuddle over to the Jing Prince's side, but her stomach was now too big and she wasn't as nimble as before, making it quite difficult for her. Luckily the Jing Prince was more observant than before, and he lifted her over.

Her face was red and she pulled at his hand in embarrassment, "I'm deathly clumsy at the moment."

He stroked her face, "It'll be fine after."

Was he comforting her?

"And I don't look good."

"This humble prince feels you look good."

At these words, the small worry in Xiao Hua's heart completely faded.

How could he not mind it? She transformed from a young girl into a large woman. Her cute little face was no more, her slender body was also gone. Although she had acted normal this whole time, she was actually a little worried in her heart. But these worries were dispelled by the Jing Prince's actions.

These days while he was gone, she would occasionally look at herself in the mirror. She didn't dare believe the person in the mirror was her. Her whole shape had changed.

Nana He had comforted her by saying that everyone looked this way when they were several months pregnant. She could only tell herself that she would be back to normal in the future.

But how could other people's words compare to his. As long as he didn't mind it, then everything was fine.

Xiao Hua mumbled: "Highness is really good."

***

After dinner, the Jing Prince accompanied Xiao Hua as she exercised before the two of them went to bed.

After they lay down, the two of them chatted randomly. It was mostly Xiao Hua speaking and the Jing Prince listening. What she spoke about were merely little things that happened during her everyday life. Although the Jing Prince didn't reply, he would let out an "en" every now and then to show that he was listening.

It was quite impressive of the Jing Prince to be able to last this long. He had ridden overnight in his hurry to get back, and had long since been tired.

Xiao Hua spoke another few words before seeing that the breathing of the person next to her had become steady. Having slept in the same bed for so long, she was already able to tell when he was fast asleep. Therefore, she stopped talking and closed her own eyes.

In the middle of the night, Xiao Hua awoke.

She was awoken by her hunger.

Recently she got hungry especially quickly, and would want to eat all the time. Unfortunately, her diet had been restricted by Nana He and Matron Xu. Not only was the time restricted, even the menu was restricted. Although Matron Xu liked to compete with Nana He, they were in complete agreement on this matter.

Ding Xiang and the others hadn't given birth before, and thus naturally deferred to those with "experience". Therefore, Xiao Hua could only suffer. Early on, Ding Xiang would still occasionally slip her a pastry. Now, even this benefit was gone.