Untitled Part 105

Start from the beginning

"Originally I thought being pregnant with twins was something to be extremely happy over. But seeing Nana He seemingly prepare for a huge battle these days makes me a little afraid."

"No need to be afraid Madam. Doctor Hu is watching over you, and Nana He is as well. Everything will definitely be fine."

"Is that true?"

Alright, Xiao Hua could only comfort herself this way. She had dug her heart out in her past life and wasn't even able to give birth to one child. In this life, her first pregnancy already resulted in two. Perhaps it could be seen as a sort of compensation for her.

Ignorance was bliss. Regardless, Xiao Hua only occasionally worried now, unlike Nana He who seemed to be treating it extremely seriously.

What Xiao Hua didn't know was that Doctor Hu had recently begun making preparations for all sorts of possible scenarios. Eunuch Fu was even busier, searching all over for a midwife with experience in helping deliver twins.

The Jing Prince entered and saw her resting sideways upon the kiln. Her bright red little mouth opened and closed as she chatted with the palace maids next to here. He then saw her towering stomach.

"Highness...."

Her eyes lit up when she saw him. The Jing Prince's mood immediately improved.

Ding Xiang and the others greeted him and served tea before taking their leave.

"Your face is so red."

Xiao Hua smiled, her peach blossom eyes gleaming, "Just took a walk around the house. Nana He said exercise is required every day. I wore too much and it was very hot. I only just changed clothes."

"Very tired?" The Jing Prince understood her point.

"Could be worse. But carrying this stomach while walking is really tiring."

The Jing Prince stroked her stomach. She didn't look much different after getting pregnant. In fact, her body appeared even fuller, but she didn't noticeably gain any weight. But her stomach was the opposite, and seemed to have gotten bigger again.

The Jing Prince also knew that she was pregnant with twins.

"Highness has been busy lately?"

The Jing Prince was very busy. He would return almost every night, but she would be asleep by the time he returned. He also left before she awoke, and she felt that she hadn't seen him for a while.

She actually missed him a lot, but due to her pregnancy she didn't have the spare energy to worry about it. She was busy exercising and eating every day, and recently had been feeling sleepy a lot. There wasn't that much time to miss him.

Seeing the Jing Prince at this moment, she felt she couldn't get enough of that jade-like face. She grabbed his hand and caressed it, unwilling to let go.

The Jing Prince made a sound of affirmation and said, "Busy."

Xiao Hua cuddled against his arm. The Jing Prince shifted and pulled her into his arms. "I miss highness a lot. Why doesn't highness wake me when you get back?"

The Jing Prince stroked her hair, "You were asleep."

"You still have to wake me. I feel like I haven't seen highness in a while. Next time you return at night, you must wake me up."

"Alright."

The Jing Prince agreed very straightforwardly, but Xiao Hua knew he was just placating her. She had told him the same thing several times, but it would also go in one ear and out the other.