After helping him change and learning that he had yet to eat, she had Ding Xiang go order food.

"Highness, are you tired? It's already so late and you haven't eaten yet."

Xiao Hua chattered away as she helped the Jing Prince onto the kiln and served him tea. She then stuffed a large and soft pillow behind his back, sat herself beside him and stroked his legs.

Just from this light touch, Xiao Hua could tell that the Jing Prince had spent the day sitting bent over at his desk. She felt some heartache, but also felt some vexation that he didn't take care of himself better.

Her gaze fell upon Eunuch Fu by the side, and she spoke with a natural attitude: "General Manager Fu has been busy the whole day along with his highness. You're definitely extremely tired as well, why don't you sit and rest for a bit."

This was Xiao Hua's first time speaking to Eunuch Fu since that event.

Not only did Eunuch Fu sense it, the Jing Prince sensed it as well.

"This old servant isn't tired. Thank you for the consideration, madam."

"How could you not be tired? His highness is already this tired from sitting, you were standing the whole day."

She indicated for Ding Lan to bring a chair. Eunuch Fu hurriedly refused, "How can a servant sit with the master? Thank you for madam's goodwill."

Seeing this, Xiao Hua could only say to the Jing Prince: "Highness, General Manager Fu isn't willing to sit while you're here. How about letting him go rest in another room?" Seeing the Jing Prince nod, Xiao Hua smiled at Eunuch Fu again and said: "General Manager Fu should hurry and take a rest. I will let you know if his highness needs anything."

Eunuch Fu could only follow Ding Lan to the outer room. Xiao Hua called Chun Cao over and gave her a few orders, having her bring tea and snacks as well as not to forget dinner. After this period of hustle and bustle, she turned and saw the Jing Prince's gaze upon her.

Xiao Hua fiddled with her hair and said quietly in embarrassment: "Eunuch Fu is the old gramps by highness's side after all. Even if this servant concubine was slightly discontent at one point, I can't remain discontent forever. After all, as long as a person treats highness well, this servant concubine would feel that person is good."

The Jing Prince's eyes contained a smile as he stroked her lowered head.

It was good that she could understand.

The Jing Prince's dinner was eaten on the kiln's table. Eunuch Fu ate on a small table outside.

After following the Jing Prince for so many years, his highness couldn't be said to be an attentive person. Eunuch Fu's meals could be said to be extremely good, but most of the time he could only randomly eat a couple of bites. Those serving by the Jing Prince's side didn't have time to eat their fill.

Eunuch Fu also knew Madam Hua was showing him goodwill.

Seeing her express this, no matter how arrogant he was, he still let out a breath of relief. It wasn't a good thing if his highness's favored person had a grudge against him. Eunuch Fu who had long since accepted the reality of the situation also understood this fact. It was just due to his old age his skin was thin, and he was temporarily unable to lower his head.

What he didn't know was that Auntie Qi and Nana He had both spent quite a lot of effort for his sake. The Nana He who always sat in the small kitchen in the past made a rare trip outside. She still had to consider that Madam Hua's thoughts were hard to fathom, and only brought up the topic after several trips.

Fortunately, to everyone's delight, things turned out the way they all hoped for.

Eunuch Fu kept an ear open while he ate. He heard the young Madam Hua's voice sporadically saying "eat some more of this", "how about another bowl of rice?" and "this soup is pretty good". Although his highness didn't respond, from his past experience Eunuch Fu could tell that he definitely obeyed.

He suddenly had the weird thought that it was good for his highness to have such a person by his side. After all, she was very considerate.

One could see many things while sitting outside. Eunuch Fu saw Xiao Xia Zi and Xiao Qin Zi coming and going, preparing water in the bathroom via the side door. He knew that this was definitely prepared for his highness by Madam Hua.

His highness's lumbar spine, shoulders and neck were all unwell. Madam Hua would have people boil some hot water every few days, have him soak for a while and then help him loosen up. As a result, his highness wouldn't feel any discomfort while working the next day.

Eunuch Fu wasn't sure what serving his highness in the western pavilion was like, but there wasn't anything preventing him from asking Xiao Xia Zi and Xiao Qin Zi about it. Eunuch Fu's imposing presence was still pretty effective against these two low-ranked eunuchs. Even more so since he was just asking about his highness's everyday routine. The two of them naturally told him.

Eunuch Fu merely wanted what was best for his highness. Therefore, when Ding Lan said "Madam says for general manager to go sleep. She will take care of his highness here", Eunuch Fu didn't refuse and followed Ding Lan to the auxiliary residence.

This was the first time he could feel at ease without being by his highness's side.