Untitled Part 98

Start bij het begin

Xiao Hua's tears had long since overflowed. Not for herself, but for the Jing Prince.

She had always thought his personality had to do with his upbringing, but she never expected the Jing Prince to have such a past. Her heart felt as though it was being squeezed, and she almost couldn't catch her breath.

"Nana isn't trying to justify anyone's actions. I just wanted to tell you that people aren't just black or white. Perhaps from your perspective, he's bad. But from his own perspective, he would think he was good. The truth can only be figured out by oneself."

"Nana, I don't intend to blame Eunuch Fu. Everything you said, I understand."

"As long as you understand. Hurry and wipe away the tears. The intention was to come for a casual chat but I ended up making you cry. This Nana deserves death."

"Never say that Nana. Xiao Hua is grateful to you for telling me all this."

Thank you for letting me know his past. Thank you for making my heart ache for him.

Ding Xiang brought out some water and helped Xiao Hua wash off her makeup. Only afterwards did Xiao Hua smile shamefully.

"Nana is actually glad his highness is good to you. Although Nana hasn't served by his highness's side before, having observed for so many years I also understand that he needs a considerate person." Nana He stroked Xiao Hua's hand, and said: "Nana reckons your body will be recovered soon. You'll have to put some effort in for the rest."

"For women, nothing is better in life than having a child by their side. It's best if you have your man's regard as well, but you can also do without it." This last part was side extremely quietly. Although Nana He was never married, she had seen too much. At this moment, she could either be expressing her thoughts or giving some pointers.

"Nana, Xiao Hua understands."

"It's good that you understand. Lean in close, Nana will tell you methods to increase the chance of getting pregnant. You can ponder over it in your mind. Once the time is right, you can decide what to do."

Nana He spoke quietly. Xiao Hua's face and ears started turning red as she listened.

After she was done speaking, Nana He said: "Alright, alright. This old lady has sat here long enough, it's about time to head back."

"Nana, let me see you off."

Xiao Hua stood up to escort Nana He out. Nana He didn't want to let her, but couldn't win against her in the end.

Only after leaving the doors of the western pavilion did Nana He feel relieved.

Even if Auntie Qi hadn't asked her to, she would still have talked to Xiao Hua about it.

His highness had both of them in his heart, and if things were awkward between them it would inevitably make it difficult for him. Xiao Hua hadn't spent as much time with him as Eunuch Fu, and over time the prince would inevitably lean towards Eunuch Fu and feel that she wasn't mature enough.

Also, making up with Eunuch Fu wasn't without benefits for her.

After thinking all sorts of nonsense, Nana He couldn't help but laugh in spite of herself.

She was really old, and worried too much.

***

That night when the Jing Prince returned it was already after dinner time.

His face which had been solemn the whole time grew a little warmer when he arrived at the western pavilion.

Xiao Hua had already gotten into the habit of waiting for the Jing Prince. She was in the eastern side room tracing over characters when she heard the noise outside and went to welcome him.