Auntie Qi naturally understood why Eunuch Fu was enraged.

"Although her means were crude, they were undeniably effective. The rear court merely has the four of them, and all were pretty much finished off by her. As I said, foolish people have their own foolish methods. Her methods were definitely cruel enough. Look at the results. Tsk tsk tsk."

Eunuch Fu's character was different from his appearance. He could flip out faster than flipping pages in a book. His personality was unpredictable. Sometimes he would be making jokes with the intention of messing around with you. Other times he would be making jokes while feeling restless in his heart and considering killing someone.

Seeing Eunuch Fu's current appearance, Auntie Qi observed a moment of silence in her heart for the Jing Consort.

*****

Was the Jing Consort really foolish?

Perhaps.

But she also had her own confidence.

She was the currently conferred Jing Consort and from the same clan as Empress Xiao. Empress Xiao wouldn't let someone of her clan become a crippled consort. This was what she based her confidence on.

Especially since she didn't think the Jing Prince would do anything to her for the sake of a low-ranked concubine.

She had considered what problems may arise from her actions. She firstly didn't think it would get discovered, and secondly even if it did she wasn't afraid.

The Jing Prince really didn't do much to her, but there were too many instances of using a soft knife to kill others in this world. He didn't have to do anything to her directly to punish her.

The heavens seemed to have collapsed in the Changchun Pavilion overnight. The entire residence was filled with the Jing Consort's mournful crying.

"Let go of them. All of you let go of them...."

Seeing Eunuch Fu ordering people to drag Nana Li, Chun Xiang and the rest out in front of her, the Jing Consort didn't even bother faking her illness anymore. Without even putting on her shoes, she grabbed onto Nana Li with one hand and refused to let go while swinging at the eunuch responsible for taking her away with the other.

That eunuch merely avoided her hand, his actions firm as a rock.

"This consort wants to see his highness, let me see his highness....."

Those who weren't facing death wouldn't be able to imagine what it was like. The Jing Consort was able to repeatedly use underhanded schemes against others since they were unrelated to her. Only when she saw her own people under these circumstances did she lose her head out of fear.

"Consort, please don't make things difficult for me. This was ordered by his highness. Us servants can only obey." Eunuch Fu's face was wrinkled from smiling. His smile was clear for all to see.

Chun Xiang and the rest were crying hysterically as they lay paralyzed on the floor. The people dragged them out as though they were dragging corpses.

"Eunuch Fu spare me. Consort, save this servant...."

"This servant realizes she was wrong, spare my life...."

Nana Li wasn't actually that terrified, but her old face was still pale and her legs were weak.

Eunuch Fu turned and scolded, "What are you all delaying for. Hurry and drag them out. We'll send them on their way early. No matter what, they were serving the consort. Since they put so much effort into doing her bidding, we'll naturally give them what they were asking for."