Untitled Part 70

Începe de la început

Yu Rong didn't prevent Yu Jiao from speaking this way. Forget about Yu Jiao, even she herself felt things were a little off today.

"Yes, yes." That palace maid bowed and left.

After a while, Nana Li came out.

"The consort sent this old servant to relay her words. You are all free to go."

In the past the Jing Consort would still have an excuse for leaving them hanging. Today, she didn't even offer one, seeming overbearing to the extreme.

Yu Jiao endured and endured some more, not saying anything before standing up and heading out. From her body language, it was clear how indignant she felt in her heart.

The remaining three didn't say anything and also filed out one by one.

From beginning to end, Senior Concubine Qiao hadn't said a word to Xiao Hua or even made eye contact. The recently formed sisterhood had fallen apart due to last night's events, as though nothing had ever happened between them.

The two of them maintained their calm appearance, but as for what their thoughts were, only the heavens knew.

Once everyone had left, Nana Li had all the palace maids within the residence take their leave.

She closed the main gates before calling Chun Xiang and Xia Xiang over.

"Hurry and clean it up. Be careful with it." After speaking, Nana Li went inside the house.

Using handkerchiefs to cover their noses, Chun Xiang and Xia Xiang went over to the flowing gold phoenix furnace, working together to lift the lid and douse the burning incense.

After, they took out the incense ash. Xia Xiang went to deal with it while Chun Xiang went to the window. She cracked the patterned window open, and then went and opened the doors.

After taking care of everything, Xia Xiang revealed a worried expression and walked to Chun Xiang's side.

"Big sis Chun Xiang, this will cause a huge commotion."

Xia Xiang didn't dare express any doubts in front of the Jing Consort, but in front of Chun Xiang, she was unable to maintain her calmness and her face turned pale.

"The consort has gone insane...." Her voice seemed to have been squeezed out from her throat.

Since the day his highness left the Changchun Pavilion, the Jing Consort had gone insane. After hearing that Senior Concubine Qiao had returned last night from the western pavilion in low spirits, her insanity had become more extreme.

Chun Xiang covered Xia Xiang's mouth, "Stop speaking nonsense at once!"

Xia Xiang couldn't help her tears from flowing, and trembled all over from fear.

Chun Xiang patted her shoulders and muttered, "It'll be fine. Our consort was conferred the Jing Consort by his royal majesty, and is also the empress's niece. Nothing will happen."

"But..........."

Nothing will happen to the consort, but what about them?

These words Xia Xiang didn't dare say out loud. She could only use her sleeves to wipe her face roughly, revealing a forced and fixed smile.

"Don't overthink it. The consort had set her heart on doing this, none of us could prevent it. We can only do our best to go along with it. The consort is still waiting for our service, let's hurry and go inside. Don't delay anymore."

Xia Xiang wiped her face again before entering the inner room with Chun Xiang.

******

The sweeper area would send people every day to sweep the snow in various areas. The western pavilion was one of those areas.