After speaking, Xiao Hua went to her inner room.

"Madam, let me help put you to bed." Chun Cao followed to the side and spoke. Compared to her past immature self, her face seemed to have gotten a little steadier.

Xiao Hua gave her a meaningful glance on the side and smiled: "Am I such an unreasonable person? Hurry and go eat."

These words made Chun Cao's nose feel a little sour. She felt that big sis Xiao Hua, oh, no, Madam Hua hadn't changed, and was still her old self.

It was as big sis Ding Xiang said after all: her attitude had been wrong. The madam's current circumstances were difficult at the moment, and everyone should be united in performing their own roles well.

"Alright, everyone hurry and go eat. Madam is being considerate, and is afraid that if we eat cold food in the winter it'll harm our stomachs."

Ding Lan already brought in lunch for the three of them. Ding Xiang divided the dishes on the table up and had Chun Chao deliver it to the other four low-ranked palace maids.

Only after the three of them sat down did Ding Xiang say: "The two of you need to stay alert these next few days. I feel that the consort's side isn't that simple."

Ding Lan nodded her head. Chun Cao also understood a little and nodded along as well.

Ding Xiang looked at the two of them, her expression stern: "The three of us are basically madam's closest people by her side. Therefore we have to perform our jobs well, so that the madam can feel at ease about everything. Right, Chun Cao. You're still living with those four low-ranked palace maids. Don't move out yet. Help keep an eye on them a little."

"Big sis Ding Xiang don't worry, I'll watch them closely."

"Those four were all brought in from different places. We aren't clear yet if anyone amongst them had been bribed. It's better to keep an eye on them."

"Yes."

*****

Based on his usual convention, today was the day the Jing Prince came to sit at the Changchun Pavilion.

The Jing Consort woke up early, 'respectfully greeting' those who came to pay respects every morning, and had them all disperse without delay.

After leaving the Changchun Pavilion, Yu Jiao spoke with a pinched voice: "We really can't be compared to this consort. His highness goes to see her on a regular basis after all."

It wasn't clear whether these words were directed towards Senior Concubine Qiao or Xiao Hua. Regardless, both of them ignored her and each returned to their own pavilion.

The Jing Consort apprehensively waited an entire morning, and ate lunch a little absentmindedly. Only in the afternoon did she hear her subordinate report that his highness had arrived.

It was still the same old apathetic expression, and he still completely ignored her. She would feel bottled-up anger every time, but this time her anger could almost not be contained, and due to her thinking of certain things and a certain person, the anger even threatened to surge out.

The Jing Consort wasn't someone good at maintaining her outward appearance to begin with. Often times she would force herself to do so. With the sudden appearance of this Madam Hua these days making her mood chaotic, seeing the apathetic expression on the Jing Prince who was sitting there suddenly made her wonder if he was still so detached when he was with that person.

Her sight suddenly became a little blurry and her heart was extremely stuffed up. The Jing Consort squeezed her fingers tightly and spent a huge amount of effort to resist the urge to smash something.