Untitled Part 65

Začať od začiatku

But no matter what her thoughts were, time wouldn't stop for anyone. She would face what she had to face.

Moreover, Xiao Hua had also thought things through. Since things were like this, she would act shameless until the end. Let's see if the consort had the ability to directly fall out with her.

As though Madam Hua's arrogant and despotic behavior was merely a flash in the pan, she had resumed her respectful, gentle and docile manner when she appeared once more.

The Jing Consort didn't seem any different from before. Senior Concubine Qiao and Yu Rong were also still the same, speaking a few superficial words with the Jing Consort. Xiao Hua once again sat in her old spot. Because Yu Jiao who enjoyed jumping out to provoke others wasn't there, today's paying of respects passed smoothly and cleanly.

"Alright, this consort won't keep you all here any longer."

The Jing Consort stood up and Chun Xiang stepped forward with the appearance of seeing the guests out. Xiao Hua followed the others in bowing before turning and heading out.

As she turned, she secretly took a glance over to the side. She clearly saw the Jing Consort's brows concealing impatience and restlessness.

Could the consort not be planning on dealing with her? Or was there something else going on.....

Seeing the people off with their eyes, Chun Xiang and Xia Xiang looked at each other. Both of them were worried sick as they walked to the inner room.

Today the consort was unexpectedly silent. Not only were the people paying respects surprised, even her personal palace maids were extremely astonished.

When news of his highness's visit to the western pavilion several days ago had been reported, the consort had smashed many things in the house. Chun Xiang had thought when the consort let her remind Madam Hua to come pay respects that she definitely had some scheme in mind. What she never expected was for nothing to happen.

Everyone was used to the Jing Consort causing a ruckus. When she didn't cause a ruckus, that's when everyone started worrying, afraid that she would fall ill out of anger.

"That Madam Hua is really a vixen!" Xia Xiang cursed in a low voice.

Since she was on different sides, her viewpoint would naturally be different. If today his highness had repeatedly visited the Changchun Pavilion instead, everyone there would say it was to be expected.

Chun Xiang laughed bitterly and didn't say anything.

This was a knot that couldn't be unraveled to begin with. They could only hope the consort's disturbances wouldn't end up causing any problems.

******

Having returned to the western pavilion, Xiao Hua didn't say anything and seemed no different from her normal self. Ding Xiang started to keep a tighter leash on her subordinates. Not only did she give them a lecture every once in a while, she also made sure to personal fetch Xiao Hua's meals from now on.

With a helper like Ding Xiang, Xiao Hua really felt a lot more at ease. Ding Xiang was also extremely smart. She basically didn't need to give any instructions for her to know what to do next.

While Xiao Hua guarded against the Jing Consort's schemes on one side, the Jing Prince seemed to get busier on the other.

Movements over in the capital seemed to increase a lot recently. This news sent over by someone, but it was overly scattered.

The Jing Prince had muddled along too much in his past life, and he wasn't clear how the Jin Prince had rebelled and seized the throne.

In this life, as a simple person he could only use simple methods, having his scouts collect a lot of scattered tidings from the capital while he pieced and analyzed and compared before managing to obtain a little news. His focus was placed on the crown prince, as well as Senior Imperial Concubine Xu, the Jin Prince and the Qi Prince.