There was also Chun Cao by Xiao Hua's side. Ding Xiang probably knew that Chun Cao had come with Xiao Hua from the Hall of Splendor, and let her remain within the residence to serve.

Once Xiao Hua familiarized herself with her environment and got to know all her servants, some palace maids came to deliver Xiao Hua's allowance.

In the Jing Prince Estate, the Jing Prince's harem would receive a monthly allowance and stipend, the amount of which depended on their ranking. Xiao Hua wasn't conferred a status in the past and naturally didn't get anything. Now that things were different, there was naturally someone arranged to deliver things.

The allowance was nothing else but some cloth material, jewelry, tea leaves, coal, make up and a monthly allowance of silver.

Xiao Hua's allowance was twenty taels of silver a month. Out of curiosity, she had asked Ding Xiang, who told her the senior concubine received fifty taels and the consort received a hundred. However, the Jing Consort and Senior Concubine Qiao was different from them, and had their own dowries. The two of them wouldn't care about this monthly allotment of silver.

As for Xiao Hua and the Madams Yu, they were of low birth and naturally had to depend on this monthly allowance.

The latter part was all based on Xiao Hua's own conjecture. This sort of benefit was similar to that provided by the Jingyang Marquis Estate in her past life, but the standard wasn't as high there. Although there was a monthly allowance, those who weren't favored would have their portion embezzled by those in charge.

This was also why Xiao Hua fought so hard for favor in the past, because she had seen the tragic fates of those who weren't favored too many times.

Regarding the Jing Prince Estate, Xiao Hua wasn't sure of many things. She didn't know if those who lost favor here would get their monthly allowance embezzled.

However, ever since she had entered the western pavilion, her surroundings reminded her that her status had changed. She wasn't the low-ranked palace maid of the past anymore. As the Jing Prince's concubine, while the benefits seemed to be pretty good, they were merely flowers in the mirror and the moon in the water.

Since she didn't know anything at the moment, she could only calmly observe and be prepared to counter anything.

Everything was pretty much settled, and Xiao Hua passed her first day as the Jing Prince's concubine.

This day passed peacefully, and apart from feeling a little out of place and not used to having people serving her, there wasn't anything else.

Xiao Hua's meals here were prepared by the meal management center. Someone would go bring the food back when it was time. The food was plentiful and rich, at least more so than what she had in the Hall of Splendor, even significantly more than the Jing Prince's own meals.

When she first saw the Jing Prince's meals she had thought the estate was being frugal. Only now did she realize it wasn't the estate being frugal, but rather the Jing Prince himself being frugal.

Furthermore, Xiao Hua could order dishes. The meal management center would provide a menu to the palace maid fetching the food, allowing the master to order their meal the next day. Xiao Hua's lunch had been arranged randomly, but for her dinner Ding Xiang had asked her what she wanted to eat while listing out a large number of options.

Xiao Hua was never picky with food and let Ding Xiang arrange it randomly.

That night, after her bath, Xiao Hua lay in her own bed. Within the room there was an overnight serving mid-palace maid who had bedding laid out on the floor.