Because of this, after coming to the needlework area Cheng'er was the only one who could be counted as her friend. Their relationship was very good, and they were also assigned to the same room. They did everything together so they naturally grew closer.

.......

Xi'er thought that perhaps after a period of recovery, she could smile unhindered like Cheng'er once again....

Because the Jing Prince Estate was the vassal state's governing residence, the rules were very complicated. The estate was divided into different parts for internal affairs and external affairs.

For example, things that had to do with official business were external affairs, and were taken care of by the tribute center's management eunuchs and the adjutant's office. Internal affairs were managed by the same eunuchs and Auntie Qi.

As the Jing Consort, Xiao-Shi didn't actually have to manage anything within the estate.

However, although she wasn't able to interfere in external affairs or the Hall of Splendor, as the consort she had a grasp over the other areas.

The moment the low-ranked palace maids arranged by Eunuch Fu were expelled, Xiao-Shi had her eyes on them.

At first she was just casually gathering information, and it wasn't as though she hadn't encountered the palace maids who were expelled in the previous batches before. However, this time seemed to be out of the ordinary.

These few low palace maids all had very tight lips. All attempts by her underlings to worm information out of them ended in failure. Only Chun Xiang who had bribed a low-ranked palace maid quite close with one of them had gotten a trickle of information.

They only found out that the Hall of Splendor had beaten two palace maids to death. They couldn't get anything else out of that low-ranked palace maid.

This abnormality naturally made its way to Xiao-Shi's ears, making her extremely curious.

Because Auntie Qi had always been strict with the rules, those trying to dig up information didn't dare act too overtly. Seeing the lack of results, Xiao-Shi became a little desperate and her methods became rougher.

That day, Xi'er was taken to the Changchun Pavilion. She was the low-ranked palace maid who had leaked a little information.

Although she was quick witted and had some insight, it was hard for her to fully change her nature. Her big mouth had gotten her into trouble.

Xi'er knelt below. Rumor has it this was where the consort lived, and she was the one who wanted to see her, making her thoroughly frightened. She couldn't help but wonder how they found out about her time at the Hall of Splendor, and she thought of Cheng'er as her thoughts grew disordered.....

A few words from Nana Li and Chun Xiang on the side and Xi'er spilled everything.

Including why people were beaten to death and also including the fact that Xiao Hua still remained in the hall.

Xi'er couldn't figure out the reasoning behind the consort's questions, but she instinctively recalled the madam of the previous estate she worked at asking similar questions and thus pushed everything onto Xiao Hua.

She exaggerated the story, saying how his highness had especially been captivated by that low-ranked palace maid called Xiao Hua, how even Eunuch Fu treated her differently, and how Xiu Yun had poisoned Xiao Hua out of jealousy.

Actually Xi'er wasn't sure what the current situation was at the Hall of Splendor. She just combined her imagination with a few of the things she had witnessed and spun some conjectures. Although she hadn't made up any details and merely spoke based on her opinions, it would still cause others to start speculating. Xiao-Shi's face grew more and more heavy.