Perhaps.....this was his highness's type?

Eunuch Fu didn't dare to make assumptions on things he didn't have a grasp on. He could only wait and see how things developed without doing anything else.

.............

Thus, Xiao Hua stayed by the prince's side under such strange circumstances.

She could be called a servant, who stood stiffly on a daily basis, steeped tea, served meals and didn't have anything else to do. She could also be called not just a servant, since the weird Jing Prince would call her over for "special service" once in a while.

It wasn't that frequent, a total of three times in over a month.

Even with a mere three times, Eunuch Fu's old face almost bloomed from smiling. When his back was to the prince, his eyes would always be roaming around Xiao Hua's belly, eager for a little royal grandson to burst forth.

His gaze made Xiao Hua's hairs stand on end, but she didn't get angry or say anything about it.

She had always been an adaptable person. She wouldn't try to resist things that couldn't be resisted. Since she couldn't do anything about Eunuch Fu's behavior, she decided to ignore it and pretend he didn't exist.

As for the weird Jing Prince, Xiao Hua hadn't been able to see through him.

He spoke very little and his thoughts were always a mystery. After "serving" him these few times, he still barely spoke with her. However, Xiao Hua could tell that the Jing Prince in bed was a little different from before. Although his face was still expressionless, she could feel that during this time he would reveal hints of passion.

Sometimes Xiao Hua would also feel dejected, feeling like she was just a tool for him to vent his desires. But she would soon stop thinking about it. Why think about it if it only makes her heart feel uncomfortable?

During this time, Doctor Hu had suddenly stopped by to take Xiao Hua's pulse.

He said it was to check on the recovery progress of last time's poisoning. At that time, both the Jing Prince and Eunuch Fu were absent, and it was Xiao Xia Zi who brought him in.

Seeing this, Xiao Hua naturally wouldn't refuse.

After Doctor Hu took her pulse, he said everything was fine and left.

Xiao Hua assumed this was the norm for a health checkup, and didn't take it to heart.

*******

It grew colder day by day. Snow had started to fall the day before, and lasted for several days without stopping. The weather was extremely cold, but the Hall of Splendor had heated vents so it didn't feel too frigid.

The sky had already turned dark. The Jing Prince finished his dinner and went to read in the study. He held a book in his hand to read behind the desk while Eunuch Fu stood beside him and Xiao Hua stood in the corner with her head half lowered.

With the faint sound of pages turning, the book was gradually nearing its end. Eunuch Fu had extremely sharp insight, and right before the prince finished the book he had grabbed a new volume from the shelf and placed it on the desk.

The Jing Prince didn't think too much about it. He was just leisure reading tonight, and was ok with reading anything. Normally Eunuch Fu would randomly pick and he would randomly read.

After Eunuch Fu placed the book down he returned to his original spot. Although he was standing, his pair of old eyes were fixed on the book he had picked out. He kept looking until the Jing Prince placed the finished book down and picked the new book up.