Therefore she had prepared herself to be paralyzed in bed for several days. Unexpectedly, though it still hurt, it was not as extreme.

Looks like Nana He's medicine was quite useful?

During this time, Nana He had again given her several medicinal soups. Xiao Hua didn't refuse, knowing these were good for her and drank it one after the other.

Xiao Hua's period this time was exceptionally smooth. Apart from some pain the first day, it was pretty relaxing the rest of the time. She was overjoyed at this unexpected turn of events, and thanked Nana He over and over. She didn't have much other thoughts. As long as she didn't have to suffer, she would feel it was something to celebrate.

Xiao Hua didn't know that normally in rich households, those of no status like her who were taken by the master had to drink pregnancy prevention medicine.

In her past life at the Jinyang Marquis Estate, the estate madam had seen that the 4th young master and Qiao-Shi weren't amicable and knew it would be hard to have an heir. Therefore she didn't forbid the others in the young master's room from having children. Unfortunately by the time Xiao Hua died, Ruan Siyi still had no son or daughter, so Xiao Hua didn't know about "pregnancy prevention medicine".

In this life, Eunuch Fu also knew about this concept, but he was already burning incense daily for the prince to have offspring so naturally pretended to be deaf and mute to this. The Jing Prince had never concerned himself with such things, and so didn't order this to be carried out.

Nana He planned on using Xiao Hua's period as an excuse to adjust her body and optimize her conditions. Although she herself had never raised children, she had served many masters in the palace and naturally understood that since Xiao Hua was still young and her periods were not regular, it wouldn't be easy for her to get pregnant.

Although she knew this, when she heard Xiao Hua had gotten her period a few days later, Nana He was still a little sad.

But she soon put it in the back of her mind, focusing on helping Xiao Hua adjust her body. Even if not for the sake of pregnancy, she still liked the lass and if she could help her become healthier she would happily do so.

Of course, these were all unspoken things that Xiao Hua didn't know about.

*****

The Jing Province certainly lived up to its name as a bitterly cold place. As September approached, the days started to get colder.

Xiao Hua felt that winter had arrived before she could even enjoy the summer. These days everyone changed to their fall outfits, but in the blink of an eye it seemed that these fall outfits wasn't enough anymore.

However, the estate was quite kind to the servants and started handing out the winter outfits one by one.

Chun Cao already received her winter outfit but Xiao Hua's was nowhere to be seen.

Only after another day passed did Eunuch Chang have Xiao Xia Zi deliver her several winter outfits. Without mentioning the quality of the material, just looking at the colors one could tell they were custom made. It wasn't known who had given the orders to do so.

However Xiao Hua didn't argue. Since they provided it she would wear it. If she wanted to make things difficult, it was her that would end up freezing in the cold. After all, she didn't have any other winter clothing.

A few more days passed peacefully. The Jing Prince finally finished his inspection of the vassal state and returned to the estate.

The Jing Prince returned at night, right as the sky turned dark. Someone came and announced his return in advance.