Untitled part 41

Depuis le début

The Grand Xi Dynasty celebrated the mid-Autumn Festival, and although they couldn't have a family reunion, the atmosphere was still filled with a festive mood.

The Hall of Splendor was even more so. His highness had gone to the front to host the banquet so the small kitchen specially made a few tables' worth of festive dishes. The eunuchs and palace maids all gathered together in a lively manner to celebrate.

Xiao Hua and Chun Cao helped the older palace maids and nanas in the small kitchen. The people working there all had unique personalities, but were still rather fond of the two little lasses.

Once they were full, Nana He saw that Xiao Hua liked to eat mooncakes and stuffed her another two.

Xiao Hua had eaten mooncakes before in the Jinyang Marquis Estate, but those in the Jing Prince Estate clearly tasted better by far. The mooncakes were filled with either red or green bean paste. They were sweet but you wouldn't get sick of it. Xiao Hua liked eating them, but unfortunately Nana He said these kinds of things shouldn't be eaten excessively to avoid indigestion.

Xiao Hua took the two cakes given to her by Nana He back to the room, and gave one to Chun Cao. Although she didn't get sick of them while eating, there was unavoidably some cloying sensation afterwards.

Xiao Hua ran over and felt her pot of water, but realized it had gotten cold. She didn't feel like drinking cold water. After eating something too cloyingly sweet, it was more comfortable to drink warm water. Realizing that the small kitchen wouldn't have any heated water at this moment, she thought about the tea room inside the hall.

There was a small stove in the tea room which would always have heated water in case his highness needed tea.

After staying in the Hall of Splendor for a period of time, Xiao Hua had gotten quite a bit more daring. Thinking that his highness wouldn't return tonight since he was hosting the banquet, Xiao Hua grabbed her small teapot and went to the hall.

After entering the tea room, she saw that the low-ranked eunuch responsible for the room wasn't present, most likely out celebrating. As expected, there was a copper kettle filled with water. Xiao Hua had boiled water on this stove before, and knew what to do.

After a moment, the water started boiling. Xiao Hua poured the water into her teapot, and refilled the copper kettle. After reducing the fire on the stove, she grabbed her small teapot and headed out.

As she reached the doors of the hall, she saw the prince return followed by Eunuch Fu.

At this moment there wasn't anywhere to hide her teapot. Xiao Hua forced a smile and knelt down to pay respects.

As expected, the two didn't say anything about it. After the Jing Prince entered the hall, Eunuch Fu turned towards her and said, "Go steep some tea for his highness."

"Yes."

Xiao Hua stuffed her own teapot away randomly and went back to the tea room to steep tea.

After serving the tea, no one spoke and she didn't dare leave, standing to the side as a pillar.

The room was very silent. The Jing Prince had seemingly drunk a little too much alcohol and lay there rubbing his head. The Jing Prince's outfit was quite different from his usual, his set of royal prince's garb was very imposing. Also since he was drunk, his eyes were not as indifferent as normal, looking rather hazy instead. His normally dull lips seemed extremely vivid and filled with an alluring color.

Xiao Hua had always known the prince to be good looking, but at this moment she turned a little sluggish from staring, hurriedly lowering her head.

Eunuch Fu served attentively on the side, "You highness, drink some tea to clear your mind. Is your head in a lot of pain?"