The girl called Bi Yan knelt beside her father. Although her face was not visible, her lithe figure left little to the imagination as she supplicated herself on the floor. Especially when the lights in the palace hall shone upon her body, the skin on her neck looked even more pure and lustrous, as though it were almost translucent.

Unfortunately these charms were shown to a blind man. The Jing Prince's gaze was faint, yet seemed as if it never focused on this girl's figure.

If it were someone normal, they would accept by saying "Hahaha, this humble prince shall accept governor Zhu's kind intentions". If they wanted to refuse, well, normally when a subordinate offered up a beauty, most of them would be accepted. After all, offering beauties at feasts was quite common, and rejections in this situation were rare.

Unfortunately they had encountered a weirdo this time. There were no words, no gestures, and even barely a glance spared towards those kneeling.

The hall was extremely silent. The kneeling father and daughter pair couldn't help but start feeling nervous. The instruments within the hall had stopped playing at some point in time. The nervous Zhu Da Jian seemed to hear the sounds of suppressed laughter from the side.

In theory there should have been someone stepping forward at this time to smooth things over. This job was most appropriate for the Adjutant's Office's Left Adjutant Guan Zheng.

Unfortunately Guan Zheng hadn't been in the Jing Province for long, and wasn't familiar with the subordinate officials. The Jing Prince also didn't really respond to him, and since he had his own pride as a scholar, he didn't want to get snubbed.

Guan Zheng had worked in the Adjutant's Office of the Jing Prince Estate for some time, and faintly felt that his colleagues seemed to shun him a little. However, he intended to muddle along until his time was up anyway, so he didn't take things too seriously. Seeing the awkward silence at this moment, he had some hidden grievances in his heart and naturally wouldn't step up as a mediator.

"Governor Zhu is being too polite. Our highness isn't such a strict person, hurry and take your seat at the banquet." Eunuch Fu walked out at a fast pace with a face full of smiles. He politely lifted him up.

He then called a low-ranked eunuch over, "Why don't you quickly take Miss Zhu to get some rest."

Right as he finished speaking, the instruments in the all started playing again. The others at the feast all started toasting and drinking again, as though the awkward episode had never happened.

Zhu Da Jian sat there still quite alarmed when an official next to him said: "This is probably your first time in the Jing Prince Estate, right? This lord of ours isn't interested in such things. Also he's naturally taciturn. Today Eunuch Fu helped you smooth things over. Normally there isn't someone there to do so, and you aren't the first one to get embarrassed to death."

"But my daughter, isn't my daughter being sent to get some rest?" Zhu Da Jian was still concerned about this matter.

The officials gaze turned strange, "Just wait and you'll see." After speaking, he went off to drink with others.

After the feast ended, Zhu Da Jian walked back to his carriage still thinking of the words "just wait and you'll see". Only when he reached his carriage did one of the servants who followed him over tell him that the young miss had indeed been resting. She had been resting in the carriage for a very long time.

*****

Within the estate, the palace maids and eunuchs also had extra dishes with their dinner that evening. They even handed out two mooncakes to each servant.