Untitled Part 40

Start bij het begin

This type of medicine was an unspoken secret within the imperial palace. Palace maids would often use it against those who they felt were an eyesore, because there was a rule in the imperial palace: servants who fell ill for several days without recovering would be sent out to avoid spreading the illness. The princes were especially afraid of getting sick, and thus such a medicine was born. It didn't endanger one's life, and the result would only be removal of those eyesores.

When the Jing Prince moved to his vassal state, he had taken several palace maids to the Jing Province. The medicine was also brought over by those palace maids.

Ru'er had stayed within the estate for quite some time, and had good relations with others. Having found out about the medicine by chance, she managed to acquire some for herself to use against formidable opponents who tried to steal her position. Who would have guessed that she didn't need it for herself, but ended up giving it to Xiu Yun to use against Xiao Hua?

The medicine was placed in Xiao Hua's teapot that stored her drinking water. After using it once, Xiu Yun waited for Xiao Hua to get feverish and be moved out. Unexpectedly, Eunuch Fu had invited a doctor over to treat her instead.

Seeing Xiao Hua about to recover and get back to work, Xiu Yun took the chance to apply another dose. She thought that Eunuch Fu would not be as kind and patient to invite the doctor again. Everyone had blamed it on Xiao Hua's delicate and weak body, but who knew her hopes would be shattered once more.

She didn't have time to discuss her second attempt with Ru'er, and had made the decision herself.

If Ru'er had known her sister would be so foolish, she would have scolded Xiu Yun to death. But it was already too late. Whatever Eunuch Fu wanted to investigate within the estate would be quickly found out. In fact, in pulling the radish from the ground, the dirt had come along with it. Even Ru'er herself was implicated.

The result was Eunuch Fu having them both directly beaten to death.

No matter the place, these sorts of shameful hidden schemes would be a threat, especially when poison was involved. Most importantly, they had dared to use the poison inside the Hall of Splendor.

The Hall of Splendor was where the Jing Prince lived. Eunuch Fu and the rest had ensured it was built as a metal container from day one. It was difficult to even make inquiries about the situation inside, but even though the prince wasn't the intended victim, someone had still unexpectedly been poisoned inside the hall.

Eunuch Fu had served by the prince's side for so long, and also managed to raise him to adulthood with Auntie Qi. Naturally he didn't rely on his lengthy relationship with the prince, but rather his formidable methods. Being able to survive all sorts of trials within the imperial palace, who wouldn't pick up a trick or two? Although he was normally all smiles and gave off the air of a kindly old man, his means were rather ruthless.

Killing one person in order to warn a hundred others. He had directly ordered the two sisters to be beaten to death within the Hall of Splendor in front of everyone. Chun Cao had also witnessed it with her own eyes, but Eunuch Fu had ordered her not to tell Xiao Hua. Therefore she told her that they had been expelled.

Xiao Hua wasn't aware of any of this. After recovering this time, she resumed her normal work schedule.

*****

Such a large palace maids' room now only contained Xiao Hua and Chun Cao.

During this time several low-ranked eunuchs came in and moved the extra beds out, and relocated their beds. They also added a round table and a few chairs to the room, making it seem a lot more spacious. It was also more convenient for them to eat their meals.