Untitled Part 37

Começar do início

Xiao Hua reflexively looked over and saw a very dumbfounding scene.

She saw Xiu Yun half lying on the Jing Prince's legs, her face bashful. But this scene lasted only a split second. In the next moment, Xiu Yun was flung out. She was really flung out. Xiao Hua saw the Jing Prince's arm lift up and swing out. Xiu Yun flew over a zhang away and fell to the floor.

Xiao Hua first winced. That looked painful. She then thought that Xiu Yun must have done it on purpose.

This was what Xiao Hua thought in an instant. She couldn't avoid thinking that Xiu Yun had done it on purpose, because her 'aiya' sound would make others think inappropriate thoughts.

Xiu Yun reacted quickly, unable to nurse her pain before immediately kneeling in place.

"I beg your highness for forgiveness. This servant's foot slipped. I beg your highness for forgiveness..." she said while kowtowing.

The floor in the Hall of Splendor was uniformly covered in metal bricks , and was extremely hard. The sound of kowtowing made clanging noises that caused Xiao Hua's own forehead to start feeling sore. She saw Xiu Yun's forehead swell up after kowtowing just a couple of times.

She snuck a glance at the Jing Prince and saw his apathetic expression. Towards the pitiful palace maid kowtowing on the floor he turned a deaf ear and didn't spare her a glance, still seeming lost in thought.

After a while, a voice sounded indifferently.

"Leave."

Eunuch Fu had started glaring at Xiu Yun early on, hating that he couldn't glare her to death. Hearing this command, he impatiently waved his hand to indicate Xiu Yun to leave while spitting out in his heart why she couldn't have used her brain a little. If this sort of method worked, this Grandpa Fu wouldn't have to rack his brains so hard! It was still that lass Xiao Hua who didn't cause any trouble, and knew how to make progress.

Thinking of this, he glanced towards the "pillar" on the side and was even more satisfied with Xiao Hua.

Xiu Yun's expression was pale and her legs were weak. She was unable to stand and still wanted to beg for mercy. Xiao Xia Zi appeared at some point, his face smiling but his hands were merciless as they yanked the sorry looking Xiu Yun out of the hall.

After Xiu Yun returned to the palace maids' room, everyone's reactions and Xiu Yun's own responses will temporarily be left unsaid. Right as she was feeling apprehensive along with a trace of hope, Xiao Xia Zi came by that night to inform Xiu Yun that she would be working in the courtyard from now on.

Xiu Yun's face paled and she was unable to keep her calm expression. She climbed onto her bed and started crying hysterically.

It's ruined. It's all her fault for not listening to her sister and being too impatient. Now everything was thoroughly ruined. How could she have been so impulsive, why so impulsive....?

The others put on the appearance of being comforting, but Xiao Hua truly felt some sorrow in her heart.

However, she had recently thought it through. She didn't have any superfluous thoughts, and also didn't have any "ambitions". Even if she really ended up violating one of his highness's taboos one day, she would just honestly go sweep outside the hall.

Having thought of this, she suddenly no longer felt any pressure. She covered her head and went to sleep.

After Xiao Xia Zi finished his duties he went and reported to Eunuch Fu.

After summarizing everything in a few sentences, he asked in a low voice: "Grandpa Fu, what should we do with those low-ranked palace maids? Aren't we going to transfer them out?"