𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕𝟏: 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐥

**A/N: I can't believe this fic has reached 125k reads! Thank you so much to all of you who read, and vote, and especially to all of you who comment. I love reading every single one of them <3  As always, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter mwah. 

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

As soon as Rune's eyes opened memories of what she'd done before falling asleep crashed into her. 

She had sex with Regulus Black. 

Her eyes drifted down to her midriff where there was an arm slung over her. She followed the path up from it and to her side where her gaze settled on Regulus. 

He was very much asleep.

He was also very much naked.

The second thought had her curling in on herself. She needed to shower. And get dressed. And leave. Preferably all three before he woke up. 

She tried to pry his hand off her but all it did was make him hold onto her tighter and pull her closer. 

"Stay here, blondie," he murmured, nestling against her hair. 

Rune's entire body froze at the sound of his voice. 

Had it always been so deep and raspy? 

The nerves in her stomach seemed to have been unsettled by the sound of his voice because despite her inhumane stillness, the urge to squirm in his hold was biting down on her. 

"Regulus," she murmured, "Can you let go?" 

He hummed dazedly before holding her even tighter until she was properly pressed against him. His warm skin touching hers. She felt every rise and fall of his chest as he breathed slowly.

"Go back to sleep," he said softly, into her hair. 

She needed to be gone. Her hormones were about to set her off once again. 

Rune pushed against Regulus' chest and used his momentary shift into consciousness to untangle herself from him and move to the edge of the bed. 

She grabbed her clothes and as she began to pull them on, he sat up and ran his hand through his hair to push it back. 

Why was everything he was doing so damned attractive? 

"Where are you going?" he asked as he wiped his eyes. 

"I'll leave first," she said quickly as she raked her fingers through her own hair to try pat it down. 

"Just come back to bed." 

Her breath hitched as fire trickled through her veins.

He met her eyes and pulled the blanket back. "Let's talk." 

Rune swallowed. "I have to go." 

"You really don't." 

"What do you want to talk about?" 

"Last night." 

Rune bit down on her lip as her fingers curled into fists at her side. If he was going to tell her that it was a mistake, she didn't want to hear it. 

"We don't have to." 

"I think we do." 

"Fine, it was a mistake. Whatever."

"What?" he asked, frowning. 

She frowned back. "That's what you want to say. Fine, I get it. It was a mistake. You don't like me. Blah blah blah. We don't have to talk. I know."