𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔: 𝐍𝐨 𝐒𝐮𝐛𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐲

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

"Subtlety does not work for you," said Mason Bones as they walked towards the Quidditch pitch.

"Evidently," responded Tina, nudging Rune gently. "So, what's the next step?"

"You're going to have to ask him straight up."

Rune turned to face Mason fully and stared.

"What?" he asked.

"Are you bonkers?"

He shook his head. "I don't think so."

"Okay, then think about what you just said and tell me something else."

Mason sighed. "I mean what I said. You have to ask him straight up. This boy must be emotionally dim. There's a Hogsmeade trip this weekend."

"So?"

"Valentines Day is also this weekend," added on Tina.

"Oh, no no no," said Rune, shaking her head and hands.

"Come on, don't you want to break societal norms and take a big step towards—"

"No," enunciated Rune. "That's crazy."

"Come on, Rune," said Tina, taking her friend's arm. "If you're trying this hard, you're obviously interested in this boy. You're smart and beautiful and kind- a total catch. Maybe he just needs a little push to realize his feelings."

Rune bit down on her lip. "You think so?"

"Yeah, besides what's the worse he could say?"

Rune could think of hundreds of things, but she instead shook it out of her head and nodded. "I think you're right."

"Brilliant," said Mason.

"And once he says yes, you better meet us in the kitchen to tell us who this mystery guy is," said Tina.

Rune nodded before waving them away. "Go on. The match is starting just now."

~

Are you here?

Yeah.

Can I tell you something?

Yeah.

I'm going to ask someone out.

...

...

...

You still here?

Yeah.

Are you going to say something?

Why?

What do you mean why?

Is this about the boy who you think likes you?

Yes.

Are you sure he likes you?

Like 95% sure.

Okay, here's a little secret.