𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟓: 𝐂𝐫𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

Regulus took Rune to the part of the garden where soft music was playing and couples were dancing slowly with each other. 

He rested one hand on the small of the back and used the other to intertwine his fingers with hers. 

Her hand was fiery hot. Or was it his? Maybe it was both. 

As if it was the most natural thing in the world, Rune stepped forward into his embrace and rested her hand on his shoulder. He pulled her closer by the waist and when she looked up into his eyes, a shiver that felt both insanely hot and icy cold ran down her spine. 

They swayed slowly to the soft rhythm of the music. Rune felt that the material of her dress was entirely too thin. She felt the warmth of him seeping into her especially at her back where his fingers were pressed against her. 

He twirled her gently before pulling her back and she said in a tone of surprise, "You're not too bad at this." 

"Why do you sound so surprised? Did you think I couldn't dance." 

"I just couldn't imagine you doing it. Although now that I think about it, dancing seems to match perfectly with the whole aristocrat thing you have going on." 

He slid his hand up from her back to the curve of her waist and even though she didn't think it was possible, Rune grew hotter inside. 

"You didn't say anything about how I look." 

"Don't you look with your eyes?" he asked sarcastically. 

"Haha, very funny. Twirl me again and look at me." 

Regulus did as he was told and twirled her again before pulling her back to him and placing his hand on her back once again. 

She bit down on her lip to keep herself from laughing at the way it tickled. 

"It's a nice dress," he said, not meeting her eyes. 

"Just nice?" 

Her dress was the exact shade of blue as her eyes and made of the softest silk ever. It was her birthday present from the year before and she had been saving it for a special occasion. The back of her dress was low cut, but ribbons crisscrossed their way across it. 

If Regulus moved his fingers just an inch upwards, he would be touching her skin. 

And she was sure, that she would catch on fire. 

"Well... it's flattering enough on you." 

She glared at him. "Can't you just tell me that I look pretty?" 

"You look pretty," he said in a monotone. 

"Well, now you're just saying it because I want to hear it, so it doesn't count." She rolled her eyes at him. "From now on, when you see me, greet first and then compliment me." 

"I will never do that." 

"You know we have that Astronomy Assignment due next week?"