𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟓: 𝐂𝐫𝐮𝐞𝐥

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

"Where did you get this from?"

Rune's wide eyes darted anxiously from the ring on Sirius Black's finger to his grey eyes.

Sirius looked down to where Rune was clutching his hand tightly. "You mean where did I get my family heirloom from?"

Rune shut her eyes for a moment as she desperately tried to recollect herself.

She breathed in sharply. "Do you know anyone else who has one?"

"Pretty much everyone who has ever had the Black surname has one. If you turn it onto the side, you'll find the owners initials."

Black family ring.

Black surname.

Regulus Black's ring.

Around her neck.

Just to be sure, she dropped Sirius' hand and moved her hands behind her collar to take hold of the ring.

She closed her fingers around it as she lifted it up.

With one final deep inhale, she opened her hand and asked, "Do you by any chance—"

Before she could even finish her question, Sirius gasped loudly and reached forward to grab the ring.

He turned it onto its side to where there was a tiny R carved into it.

"He gave this to you," he murmured in slight disbelief.

Rune pursed her lips. "We need to be certain here. Are you talking about Regulus?"

"Yes."

Rune nodded.

Sirius stared at her for a second before he wrapped his arms around her and brought her into a crushing hug.

"Finally! I've been waiting for my sister!"

"I am not your sister," exclaimed Rune desperately trying to pry the elder Black brother off her.

"Of course, you are. He's basically claimed you for the rest of his life. Our children are going to be cousins!"

Rune sputtered for words as she opened and shut her mouth repeatedly. "Please let go of me."

Sirius pulled back and threw a million-galleon grin at her. "I'll let you go for now, sister-in-law, but you'll be seeing much of me from now on."

"I pray not," murmured Rune and she was about to turn to leave before she looked at two older students and said, "Please don't tell Regulus about this."

Angelica's eyebrows rose slightly. "He didn't tell you what it was when he gave it to you?"

"He..." Rune didn't know how to explain it. She cleared her throat. "Just please don't tell him anything about this encounter."

They agreed and Rune hoped they wouldn't turn back on their word as she turned around and dragged her feet away from them.

Super Mysterious Guy was Regulus Black.

Regulus Black was Super Mysterious Guy.

She hadn't gotten over Regulus at all.

She'd just fallen for a different version of him.

Like a fool.

He probably knew it was her from the beginning.

It was just a part of their game.