68| Kataleya

This is the last chapter, next will be an epilogue ♥️

Like
.
.
.
.
.
Comment
.
.
.
.
.
Share/Follow
.
.
.
~ Constructive feedback is appreciated~
.
.
.
♦ Please don't be a silent reader,and at least leave a like to motivate me♦
.
.
.
♠ Not Edited♠
.
.
.
.
.

Third Person POV:

It has been two months since that day and Kataleya still has not awaken up from the coma. Enrico day by day was losing his sanity and had become a shell of a person who listened to no one and repeated the same routine every day.

He would sleep by the bed of his beloved, wake up next to her. After freshening up, he would clean his wife with a wet cloth carefully. He even braided her hair every day, but unfortunately, they were beginning to fall off.

With the assistance from the nurse, he learnt how to use catheter, an equipment used to relieve someone from urine and stool. Since then, he is the one taking care of her toilet routines. After he is done with this, he would just sit beside her and talk till it is the time for bed.

If not for his sister and Kataleya's friends, he would starve to death. All of them pitied him, even his own friends cried witnessing his condition.

Gael was another person who was troubling to deal with this. His tears never stopped, no matter how much he drained himself crying, but whenever he saw his sister and her husband, the tears would return.

The life was dull for everyone. All had lost the spark in their lives. Austin, who passed out from starvation, thirst and internal bleeding, was now better. As better as one can be when they woke up from the slumber and find out the news about his best friend.

Elias was working and taking care of Kataleya's business. He did not want to let his best friend's achievements go down the drain. Iris was keeping in check how everyone was doing and being there for them. However, she wasn't there for one person, and it was herself.

Igor tried to search for Kevin, who created this mess in the first place, but unfortunately, he was discovered dead with several stab wounds by the police. Apparently, he became a victim of theft. Guess, karma does find its way back.

But Igor failed at one thing, saving Lilith. She was trapped in a mental asylum. The court has found her mentally challenged and offered her the help she needed. But that was her plan in the first place.

Nicolo and Xena, Kataleya's siblings tried to do their best, but it was difficult to travel back and forth from one country to another. Still, they made sure they were up to date with her health and as well as were there if needed.

The life had lost its charm, but the time never stopped, not even when it was making everyone miserable.

Alas, the life was nothing but the passing of grey and white. It is funny how a single person has the power in their hands to turn everything upside down.

!~*~!

Enrico's POV:

"Your friends still don't hate me. And your family too keep asking how I am doing. Why do they keep asking me that? It hurts every time I hear them. I hear all of them, but I just can't talk to them." I croaked out, the words difficult to say out loud.

But I have to. I only have Kataleya, if not her, then who else am I supposed to speak to? She is the only person I can bare my heart to. Only she can understand me and no one else.

They did not fall in love. They have no idea how excruciating it is to see the woman you love almost lifeless. They feel pain, I know they do, but does their already gone heart keeps breaking over and over and over again? Does their soul burn with desperation and crave to hear even a small word from her? Do they know how it feels to lose your homes?

Home is not the four walls but her arms. With no home to return to, I have become homeless. Is there a constant battle they keep fighting with the demons in their mind? Does the darkness speak and call out to them?

Do they keep dying every single day they stay alive? Because I do.

There is no peace, no happiness. Nothing is left, absolutely nothing. This world, the people, even my family, they no longer feel important. It is selfish, I know it is, but I can't bring myself to care. I don't care if they are not her.

"If they are not you." I whispered out, my never-ending tears rushing back and visiting my eyes again.

"My darling, when are you returning to me? When are you coming home? My eyes long to see your smile. My hand misses the warmth of yours. My heart aches the presence of yours. My skin craves your touch and my soul? It keeps singing in hope to call yours. Every day, my mind is on the verge of losing the battle. Please come back to me. Please Kataleya, please my love." Just like every time, I speak my heart to her, pouring my desperation with every sentence. Telling her how much I long for her presence.

Maybe the song I kept singing will reach out to her before I lose myself and hope that she will return.

!~*~!

Kataleya's POV:

Who is this person I keep hearing? The soothing voice, like a siren singing, it called out to my soul. My soul too wept. It broke hearing the agony buried deep behind the voice.

In this jungle of the darkness, the song became my source of safety. It made me calm, like my lover had wrapped me in his arms and is ready to protect me.

But who does this voice belong to? Why is it so familiar? How do they know my name? The questions swirled around my head and a sudden pain pounded against the wall of my head.

As the pain kept surging, visions of things attacked my memory. The distress hurdle itself around me. It hurt, it hurt a lot.

I wanted to scream, but something was stopping me. I called out, hoping my siren will hear me without any words being spoken.

"I crave you."

"Please come back to me."

"You are the air I breath, I will die if you don't come back."

His voice kept getting louder and louder. I wanted to tell him that I hear him. I heard everything he said, but it was too much.

My head was heavy, but then it happened.

I could feel myself running to the light, to the voice calling out my name. As I kept nearing, I began to feel. Slowly and steadily, my soul returned to its home, to its cover. To my body.

"Please baby, open your eyes."

That was the last string before my eyes snapped open. The room was dimly lit, making it easier for my eyes to adjust.

My eyes took in my surrounding before connecting with the stormy gray marbles, covered in wetness and rain pouring down from them.

In a shaky breath, I listened to his pleasant hum of my name.

"Kataleya."
_________________________________________

A/N: Hopefully, you all loved this last chapter.
Although, it took us a long time to reach here, we finally did.

The ending, whether it's sad or happy, will be revealed in the epilogue.

I really am looking forward to your reviews.

Thank you guys♥️

I love you all so much.

Love,
Ms_CornSalad❣️