29 | It can't be...

Like
.
.
.
Comment
.
.
.
Share❤

Guys! Constructive feedback is appreciated!

And it's not edited.

Don't forget to leave a like/comment, eh?

If you do, that's gonna cheer me and motivate me to write more :)

Iris Michel's POV:

“Do you think if you hide the truth, it will do any good? You approached me and came to my firm. Is not that because you wanted yourself to be heard?” I questioned the man in his early fifties, sitting right in front of me, Mr. Ferris James.

He nervously played with the rings sitting on his index and middle finger. While, his leg bounce up and down, indicating his anxiousness.

He opened his mouth to speak before closing it. It was like that for a minute when he finally finds the courage to look at me instead of his hands, and slowly began to speak.

“I don't know. I could t-tolerate it. But, it is, it's getting-harder? Yes, tough. It's tough to keep going through it.”

I felt myself getting mad just thinking about the person who made this poor man this scared. The person responsible for the hardship of Mr. James.

“Mr. James? I know it's hard, but can you take a deep breath? Follow my voice and do as I say. Inhale. Now, exhale.” I noticed him getting lost in his mind and the trembling of his figure.
A sign of someone getting a panic attack.

“You are doing great. Just keep breathing, and don't think about anything. Just breathe.”

After a while, he was finally calmed and wished me a thanks, earning a comforting smile from me.

“Can I ask you some questions? If that's fine by you?” I would rather not pressurize him.

He finally got the courage to file a lawsuit against his tormentor, and I would be damned if I end up doing something that makes him back off.

I want him to see his tormentor getting hit by the karma hard and Mr. James to finally get the justice he deserves.

“Yes, please.” He nodded his head, suggesting he was ready.

“Can you tell me when did the abuse first begin?” I asked, turning the voice recorder on.
This was because he was uncomfortable when I took notes. So, it was another way to make him feel safe and comfortable in my office.

“It was an arranged marriage. Well, arranged for her and forced for me. In the year 1996, we got married. I was 27 back then. She—she was nice. Even, beautiful… Yes, She-She was pretty.” He stopped and glanced at me to check if I was listening.
I nodded my head, clearing his worries, and signaled to continue.

“W-We? We were happy. It was…a beautiful journey for five years? Then I remember, the day everything went downhill.

I had fall into love with her. And, I… I trusted her. That's why, I told her about m-my trauma.

That was the day I realized, It was only me who really…loved her? Yeah. The memory of everything…that happened that day is still stuck” He brought his finger to his head and continued, “Here.”

“I can't forget, even if I try to. I just couldn't. Her hazel eyes staring at me with disgust. It was disgust and hate. It was horrible. Everything was horrible about that day.” He was taking his time in narrating, and I didn't mind.