"Right," Melody agrees, turning to Oliver. "How about I try dispelling the clones again? It's still taking a bit longer than I'd like."

"We've got to streamline," Emelia says, crossing her arms. "I think you need to focus on dispelling from a distance. Think you're ready for that?" Melody groans, her head falling forward on her neck.

"I don't really have a choice. But even with enchanting and enhancing, pushing my power through the air was always a pain. It feels like I waste too much energy to do it." She admits with a huff. Emelia nods, guiding Oliver back a few steps.

"I get that. And I wish I could offer some better advice, but you've just got to push harder. Think of it like shooting an arrow, that's what I do." Emelia says, nodding to Oliver once he's in position. He nods back, his staff flashing with pale light.

"Good luck," he says, and a pair of doubles appear to his left and right. Melody focuses on them as they step forward, watching her curiously. She throws her hands out, trying to channel her power through them and into the clones. She feels her magic branch out of her fingers, snaking its way towards the two. But before it can reach them, her strength wavers, and the invisible branches retreat into her hands.

"Try again - like I said, an arrow. Fast and piercing," Emelia offers. Melody nods, closing her eyes to try again. She pictures her hands as a bow and uses them to fire her power at the clones. All at once, the power shoots out, leaving her feeling empty and cold. She has to catch herself before she collapses from the sudden exhaustion that overtakes her.

"I-I'm fine," she says when Oliver moves to help. She takes a few deep breaths to collect herself, slowly standing up again. "I just wasn't expecting it to be so tiring."

"Do you need a break?" Oliver offers. Melody shakes her head, glaring at the clones.

"No, it's okay. I can do it," she insists, channeling her power once more. Her eyes flash, and she tries stretching her magic, like reaching out to poke the clones rather than pierce them. She keeps her focus on a single, solid line, rather than letting the magic branch off wherever it wants. To her surprise, it slithers through the air easily, and she lets it snake its way towards her target.

"I-I think it's working," Oliver mutters, touching his chest. "I feel something."

"Good, keep going!" Emelia cheers with a smile. "Once you connect, it's just like how you were doing it before. Worm your magic into theirs, find the source, and cut it off from the rest of their body."

"R-right," Melody grunts, forcing her magic into Oliver through his copies. Once she feels the familiar warmth of his power, she wraps her magic around it, making sure to seal it in completely. Oliver's clones shiver and fuzz like TV static, then fade away without a word. As soon as they're gone, the connection breaks and Melody sinks to her knees, panting heavily.

"Good job! You did it!" Oliver says happily. Emelia nods, stepping in to offer Melody a hand.

"See, I knew you could do it," she says warmly. "But you're going to have to keep working at it. Remember, Oliver's clones are just illusions." She pulls Melody to her feet when she takes her outstretched hand. "Sun Wukong's clones are going to be real copies. Physical ones, with every bit of his power within them. It's going to take a lot more to sever that connection."

"G-got it," Melody breathes, gulping in deep lungsful of air. "Let's go again."

"Are you sure? You look pretty tired," Oliver says, taking a step forward. Melody shakes her head, forcing a smile.