Gossip accounts were reporting it and posting the leaked photographs of the couple in Manchester on their pages. Even though you couldn't see their faces, it was quite clear who it was.

If you googled Maeve Mount or Phil Foden's names, you'd find them all over the internet. It's odd how the media latches onto a fresh potential relationship to gossip about.

If this were a real relationship, Maeve would probably want to step back and try to get some privacy, but this is exactly what the two managers wanted when they created up this odd relationship between the two.

And if Maeve had to choose one person who was the happiest with the circumstances right now, she would undoubtedly choose Sabrina. She has never seen the woman smile so broadly in the three years she has known her.

She's so happy with everything that she's invited Maeve out to brunch this afternoon. Fortunately, she was in London and didn't have to drive four hours to get something to eat.

"The reaction has been great." Sabrina said, stabbing her fork into the salad she ordered. Maeve nodded towards the woman, "It's crazy how easy it is to convince people of something."

"In our case, that's a good thing."

Maeve remained silent, staring down at the food in front of her. Sabrina decided to press the issue further, asking, "When are you seeing him next?"

"He's coming to my Dad's party next week," the brunette shrugged, "But there won't be any paparazzi there." For a few while, the manager thought. "After that, post a picture of him or the two of you on your Instagram."

"No," the girl said instantly, shaking her head. "I'm going to spend time with my family not get my name trending on Twitter." She was irritable by the prospect of having to take a photo with Phil and then share it, that would make all of this a little too real.

"Maeve," Sabrina snapped in a stern tone. "For this to work you need to cooperate." the musician rolled her eyes, annoyed by her manager. "And I am. Do you think I wanted to drive four hours to spend time with Phil fucking Foden?"

Maeve started raising her voice. Her short temper would usually get the best of her, which is how she ended up in the situation she was in.

Her manager was staring at her, afraid that if she said anything, Maeve might lose her cool and start screaming louder. "But I did it anyway because I trust you to make good decisions for my career."

The brunette calmed her voice, it wasn't worth it. Sabrina, she knows, is simply looking out for her and wants the best for her and her music career.

"It's only for a few months, Maeve."

The two women wanted to finish their meal together, both knowing not to bring up a particular black haired footballer in conversation.

———

IT WAS A beautiful day outside, but Maeve was cooped up in her flat, trying to compose music. Everyone is putting pressure on her to come up with something. The producers. Her Management. Her fans.

She adores what she does and considers herself quite fortunate to be in it. And she's been itching to get out on the road and tour, but before she can do that, she needs to finish an album.