18 • For

Therapist

Therapist

I decided that I should see someone. I've been so aggressive and mean to Troy in particular, for no reason really. I mean I know he went back to work for me.

I just feel like I am losing it.

"How are you?" Clara asked me.

"I've been struggling with my anger and I just feel like I am not in control of my life anymore."

"Why do you need to feel in control?"

"Because, I know if I have things a certain way, they will get done. Doctors appointments, meetings, staff issues, family issues, what's for dinner, time with my husband and our child. Even washing my hair has an schedule."

"But why? Do you forget things easily?"

"No."

"You like things organized?"

"Yes, precisely. I like things my way."

"And that causes you to be angry if it is not?"

"Yes."

"Give me an recent example?"

"I practically made my husband do his residency then take a job at the CDC, now he is overwhelmed with work and we don't have much time together. And I am pissed at him because we don't have much time, but I know it's my fault."

"How would you feel if he quits?"

"Like he isn't doing anything with his life."

"Was he a stay at home dad before?"

"No, he just...he was a UFC fighter. He was really good."

"So, he wanted to make you happy?"

"Yes, now he is unhappy and that upsets me. He told me I just wanted the picture perfect family."

"Did you?"

"Yes, and it sounds bad. When I say it outloud like no one is allowed to mess up."

"We are humans, animals we will always mess up. We always fix things also. We are messy."

"I don't know what to do."

"And that is okay, Yanamarie." She smiled. "Not everything has a fool proof solution and that is okay."

"I guess you are right."