Haunting from the past

After another successful grand prix weekend with Charles ending up on the top spot of the podium in Las Vegas, we had 2 days until we needed to fly out to Abu Dhabi for the final race of the year. Charles was so happy with the result and it was even more special because his family had flown out to see him race that weekend, meaning he got to share the win with them as well. On Sunday evening after his media duties were done, we all went out to dinner as a family where we finally had the chance to catch up after a busy few weeks travelling for races. Arthur was interested in how my photography was going as he was keen on becoming better at it himself, so I offered to take him with me one time when he wasn't racing. I could tell that Charles was happy his younger brother was putting in the effort to get to know me, especially because we hadn't exactly spent much time together. His mother was also interested in how things had been going between Charles and I since we last met up in Monaco as we had only seen each other briefly over facetime calls and she wanted to know if there were any developments in our relationship, even though it was still very new. When she heard that Charles was still yet to make it official between us, she muttered something to him in French as she glared at him from across the table and gave him a disapproving look. This only made Arthur burst into a fit of laughter at the sight of his older brother getting told of by his mum. 

***

We decided to stay in Vegas instead of going back to Monaco because we both wanted to do some sight seeing and we saw no point in flying when we would only need to get back on a plane again. A few of the other drivers also stayed, unless they had to go back home or do some work back at their team factory. 

Charles and I were lounging by the pool for the morning as we didn't feel like doing too much just yet. We had made some plans for later this afternoon so we were just enjoying the time to relax and unwind from an action packed weekend. I was reading one of my books that had been sat on my shelf for several months whilst Charles was trying to sleep on the sunbed next to me. When my phone rang, I quickly got up and went to an area in the shade so that I wouldn't disturb Charles. I hadn't even checked the caller ID before I pressed the 'accept call' button and put the phone to my ear, which I would soon find out was a big mistake. 

"Y/n, my love how are you doing?" Harry's cold yet oddly cheerful voice said over the speaker. "Harry why are you calling me? Please just leave me alone, I've told you that I don't want to speak with you anymore." I told him firmly. "Woah no need to be hostile. I was just calling to see how you were doing. I bet you're happy with that boyfriend of yours." he chuckled. "Um well he's not my boyfriend if that's who I think you're referring to. My life is none of your business anyway." I replied in a monotone voice. "Oh don't lie to me y/n, it always was a bad habit of yours. Don't think I haven't seen you laying next to him on the sunbeds and giving him kisses." he said as he begun to get annoyed. That last sentence instantly made me more alert as my eyes darted around the pool area until they landed on him. A smirk plastered across his face as he gave me a small wave. "See, I have finally found you again my darling. I may not be able touch you right now, but at least I know I can find you if I desperately want to. My next plan is to make you my girlfriend again, the only thing you should be in life." he snarled. 

I quickly hung up the phone and walked quickly over to Charles to wake him from his light sleep. At first he was very confused why I wanted him to get up so we could go back to our room, but when he saw the look on my face signalling something was wrong, he quickly obliged and collected our stuff. I practically ran to the elevator as Charles followed, unaware of what had just happened. "Mon amour are you ok?" he asked when the doors slid shut. "I'll tell you once we are in our room. I'm sorry I just need to calm down a minute and get somewhere safe." I told him nervously, causing a rather concerned look to appear on his face as he took a step towards me so he could wrap an arm around my shoulder. I felt bad because I was probably scaring Charles when we had just been having a relaxing morning in the sun and I knew that he needed to concentrate on preparing for the next race as well without worrying about me. 

Once we were in our room, I shut the door and locked it before sitting myself down on the bed with Charles next to me. "It's Harry. He's here." I murmured quietly. "As in your ex Harry? How did he know you were here?" he replied as I gnawed at my bottom lip nervously. "I don't know but he's essentially been stalking us all morning and said to me that although he can't touch me yet, at least he can find me." I stressed. "What a creep. Don't worry mon ange I will get this sorted, but in the mean time he will have to go through me first in order to get to you. So essentially that means he won't get anywhere near you again. I will be your personal body guard." he told me, trying to ease the tension I was feeling as he pulled me into his chest. "He also said that my only role in life is to be his girlfriend again but I - I don't ever want to be with him again. He abused me emotionally and physically I just can't be with him." I stuttered as a few tears fell onto Charles' chest. "Mon amour, I love you so much and I am so happy you are mine. Harry will never get the privilege of calling you his girlfriend again I can assure you, because I would like you to be my girlfriend and then my wife and then the mother to our children." he whispered, prompting me to lift my head so my eyes could meet his. "I know this isn't the best timing in the world, but I've been wanting to make this official for a while now. I am yours as much as you are mine y/n/n and I promise to keep you safe always." he added as a few happy tears spilled from his eyes. "I would love to be your girlfriend Char. I love you so so so much!" I sighed in content before placing a sweet kiss to his lips. 

After a few minutes of peaceful silence, I got up to use the bathroom whilst Charles took out his phone to message a few people to see what they could do. When I walked back into the room several minutes later, Charles was packing some of our stuff into the suitcases as he spoke on the phone to someone in Italian. When he saw me, he gave me a quick smile and then whispered that he would tell me what was happening as soon as he got off the phone. "Ok so, I have just spoken to one of the PR people as well as my manager and we have a room in the hotel down the road for the rest of our stay. They have said that they will sort something out in terms of Harry and that it would probably be best if we stayed together whilst we're here... Before you think if this is too much and that you are causing drama, you are not. As the love of my life and my girlfriend, I want you to feel safe and happy, ok?" Charles informed me. I nodded my head yes and wrapped my arms around his waist as he did the same. "Thank you." I whispered as he placed a delicate kiss on the top of my head.