Rooftops & Moonlight

Start from the beginning

Feeling irritated that she thought that offer meant something more.

"What you offered wasn't something more," I corrected her, emphasizing the word more.

Mili looked between my eyes, "And whose fault is that?" she questioned, and if I wasn't irritated before, I surely was now.

I suddenly stood from the flat surface, "How is that my fault?" I said, knowing that I didn't even know her when I made the promise.

Mili looked up at me, easily contrasting my irritation with her calmness.

"Because I would go back down there with you right now," she easily explained, allowing her tone to remain unfazed.

And I hated that. I hated that I was so irritated and she was just so fine—so calm.

I let out an irritated sigh, finally looking away from her, "That's not fair—" I shook my head, knowing that I would go down there too. That I had thought about her and the idea of us these past couple of weeks, "—You know it's not fair," I added weakly, hating our situation in general.

The air was quiet for a few seconds.

All I could hear was the faint chatter of people below us who were leaving the party—and the wind calmly breezing past me.

Although my chaotic thoughts managed to block out all those factors.

I instantly looked down at Mili when I felt a warm hand gently slide up my leg, pulling me over toward her.

"Come here," she said, and I could easily hear the sudden shift in her tone.

How soft it had grown.

I bit my lip slightly, deciding if it was a good idea to even take a step closer to her—but it felt like all my morals were out the window due to the alcohol pumping through my veins.

Mili sat the tray with the rolled blunt beside her as I hesitantly lowered down to her, straddling her lap and allowing her comforting arms to slide around my waist.

She gently pulled my waist further into her, pulling us closer together, "That was unfair of me—you clearly don't want to hurt my sister," she said, taking the blame for what she had previously said.

I nodded once, remaining silent as I stared between her eyes.

Mili brought one of her hands up to my face, sliding a piece of my dark hair away from my face before cupping my cheek.

The action itself felt so tender and caring.

Like she genuinely cared about me.

Mili guided my face closer to her, "I'm sorry," she whispered, carefully looking between my eyes.

I felt my lips twitch up into a small content smile, impressed that she had apologized for her last words.

I unconsciously slid my arms around her neck, "It's okay..." I trailed off, leaning further into her, "I just wish it could be different," I admitted, knowing the entire situation had been on my mind.

Mili hummed in acknowledgment, briefly glancing down at my lips as she said, "Me too."

I felt my brain easily turn to mush as I unconsciously glanced down at her lips—leaning into her and meeting her halfway.

And as her warm lips met mine, Mili slid her hand from my cheek to the back of my neck—pulling me in even more to deepen the kiss.

I hummed, sucking down on her bottom lip before her tongue inevitably slid past my own lips and into my mouth.

Feeling my entire body grow hotter with the unfamiliar feeling that I'm beginning to recognize, I tugged Mili even closer to me—who gripped my waist even further into her body.

I couldn't help the uncontrollable moan that echoed into her mouth—especially with the way her warm tongue skillfully slid in and out of my mouth.

The sound alone seemed to make the moment more intense—I couldn't help but tangle my fingers in her dark hair, tugging at her roots as I unconsciously grinded into her body.

But when my phone buzzed slightly, Mili and I quickly pulled away from the kiss.

All I could hear was the sound of both of us panting and the slight whisp of a breeze as I read the bright text on my phone.

A very alarming text.

"I have to go," I whispered, stumbling onto my feet as Mili instinctively held my waist to give me support.

"Your girlfriend need you?" Mili asked distastefully, but I only shook my head as I navigated toward the open window.

The thought of Cam needing me wouldn't be enough to get me off this roof, and that was a red flag within itself.

But with a particular person missing... a person who is the sister of someone who I was just kissing.

Now that's enough to get me off this roof.

"They can't find Mya," I called out over my shoulder, and almost immediately, I could hear Mili's steps trail behind me.

"Well, then I'm coming with you," she said, and I could easily hear the protectiveness in her voice.

The last thing on my mind was how I would explain to anyone how Mili and I ended up together, instead, Mya seemed to be the only thing on my mind.

I nodded a few times as she entered into the house behind me, "I'll check the second floor, and maybe you could try the first floor?" I questioned, turning to Mili who was securing the unlit blunt behind her ear.

Mili shook her head once, "We're not separating—God knows where she's at," she said, and it was clear that she felt uncomfortable with leaving me alone.

And she had a good point—I mean we're in the heart of LA, anything could happen.

I nodded, "Yeah, okay that—" but I easily cut myself short when Mili didn't waste any time grabbing my hand and guiding us out of the dim room.