Lucian however was very defiant about involving himself in the mafia, not wanting to leave the life he made with Harper in London. But after my uncle Dante was killed in an ambush it became apparent that they needed the extra hand around here.

With the rise of independent cartels in the area who all want to take down us; their most powerful competition, it's become more and more dangerous by the day.

"Dad wants to see us," Lucian calls out, one arm wrapped around Harper as he scrolls through his phone. "When?" I ask absentmindedly, making myself a sandwich.

"About ten minutes," He yawns, causing me to snap my head in his direction. "Ten minutes?" I question angrily. "You couldn't have told me this earlier?" I ask, my voice slightly raised. 

He just shrugs, ignoring me. "We should probably get going," He tells Harper, kissing her on the cheek before stranding up.

I roll my eyes, ditching my half made sandwich and heading towards the door. 

"I'm driving," I state, palming the keys of my Lamborghini as we walk towards the garage. "Nah I wanna take the Jag," He replies, already texting Harper even though we only left like thirty seconds ago.

He heads towards his car, expecting me to follow him but I don't, instead heading towards mine. "It doesn't make sense for us to take two cars," He snorts, standing at his door after finally noticing I wasn't behind him.

"Come on," He says, nodding his head in the direction of his passenger seat. 

See the problem with Lucian is that he thinks he's the 'leader', he always has. Even when we were little it was him in charge and me following but fuck that, I'm tired of him thinking he has any type of authority over me.

I ignore him, climbing into my car and sitting down on the leather seat. I'm already driving out of the garage before Lucian even has time to start his up.

I speed down the narrow streets of Italy, weaving in and out of traffic as Lucian follows behind me. He attempts to overpass me and I laugh when he's unable to do so.

He may be better than me in England but things are different over here, I'm more efficient in training, shooting and racing.

I pull up in front of my parent's massive mansion, the large pillars towering over me as I ring the doorbell.

"Emi," My mum greets, pulling me into a hug. "I've missed you," She smiles, placing her hands on my shoulders.

"I saw you two days ago," I laugh before kissing her cheek and pushing my way into the foyer. "Where's Lucian?" She asks, closing the front door.

"He's on his way," I snort, heading up the granite staircase and in the direction of my dad's office. 

"Dad?" I call out, knocking on the large mahogany door. "Come in," He replies.

I enter the office, slightly taken aback by the thick cloud of smoke in the air. "Chain smoking?" I ask, raising an eyebrow at the dozens of cigarettes discarded across his ash tray.

"Are you okay?" I ask, noticing his dishevelled look and prominent eye bags. "Yes yes," He nods. "Sit down," He orders, motioning towards the armchair in front of his desk.

'Where's your brother," He sighs, just now noticing that there's only one of us here. "I'm right here," Lucian replies before I get the chance, looking pissed as he storms into the office.

"Could you try and not be late next time son," Dad says, running a stressed hand through his hair before reaching into his desk to pull out a file.

"Sorry the police got reports of two cars racing in the streets and I got pulled over," He glares at me before collapsing down into the chair.

My dad hums in understanding but it's obvious he's not even listening. Normally he'd scold for driving recklessly but I guess he's too stressed to care right now. 

"Right," He clears his throat. "I need you boys to command a group of men to eliminate this cartel's warehouse where they're currently storing all their drugs," He reveals, chucking the file in our direction.

"No survivors," He clarifies reluctantly.

I can tell having us involved with this is really effecting him because him and mum have tried their hardest to keep us out of it our entire lives. But since there's so many moles in the mafia right now we're apart of the select few he can trust with this.

"Alright when do you want it done?" Lucian asks, leaning over to light himself a cig.

"Tonight."