It's like I can't have fun without getting put on blast or just simply getting mistreated. Hopefully tonight that's not the case. I swear I will never speak to Mercedes again if tonight isn't a good night.

After I was done with my hair and was touching up my makeup, there was a knock at my door. I went to open it and Dee stood behind it holding a bouquet of mixed flowers.

She has cleaned herself up as well, now being in a a black Amiri shirt and shorts with black cat 4's. The diamonds on her neck and ears were blinding me, and I can't fail to mention the clean cut.

"We'll is it my birthday or yours?", I said as I let her inside.

She chuckled, " I'm just trying to meet the standard. You definitely take the cake tonight though.", Dee's eyes were roaming my body like they were the night after we got back from the graduation party. My body heated up at the thought of that night. I wasn't expecting that to happen, but once her lips touched mine, my mind and body started screaming for her to do more. However, I knew it would only complicate things if we continued.

"These for me?", I gestured towards the flowers, trying to break the tension.

"Uhh yeah...When you post em make sure you tag me."Dee said jokingly.

"Girl please, I'm not even posting them." She sucked her teeth.

I took the flowers and smelled them, it was a big ass bouquet. I definitely wasn't going to be carrying these around all day.

"Thank you Mercedes", I said genuinely.

I sat the bouquet on the counter and went to finish getting ready.

Soon, we were on our way to wherever Dee had planned for the night. The car ride was silent other than the radio playing, that was until I noticed we were leaving Milou.

"Dee where the hell we going?", she laughed.

"Just sit back and enjoy the ride", she had that stupid ass smirk on her face which made feel like she was up to no good.

We were on the road for about an hour before we entered Columbia. Now I was really curious to what she had planned. Eventually we were pulling up to the Colonial Life Arena and that's when it hit me.

"No fucking way, no you didn't", she chuckled at my excitement.

She had brought me to the 'Old Vs. New R&B Concert'. I had totally forgot it was happening on my birthday because I've been so busy with getting myself together for school.

"Yes I did, Happy Birthday love.", she got out of the car and came around to open my door for me.

I could already hear low echoes of what sounded like Erykah Badu."Did it start already?"

"The ticket say it don't start till 8 so they prolly rehearsing.", I nodded and we walked to the entrance where there was a long line along the side.

I was confused when Dee skipped the whole line and walked us through the security.

"What the hell? You just have plugs and connections everywhere huh?", She laughed.

I followed her into the Arena and a security guard began to escort us to lord know where. The halls of the Arena were filled with staff, security, and fans stammering everywhere. Luckily the security was making way for us through the crowd. Soon we were walking down prohibited stairs down to the floor level of the Arena. Staff was everywhere and given the chaos I could guess we were somewhere backstage or close the stage entrance.

The security guard hand Dee and I backstage passes and the left is with I believe to be some sort of tour guide.

"Dee how did you manage to get all of this?", she shrugged.

"I know a guy that knows a guy.", we continued to follow our tour guide and stopped when we got to a door with certain name that I knew all too well.

"Oh my god, you're lying", I started fangirling when the tour guide knocked and the door opened. I didn't know if I supposed scream or stay calm.

Thankfully my body didn't allow me to freak out but internally I was as I made eye contact with Brent Faiyaz.

.....................

The night continued to bewilder me as I met celebrities such as; Usher, Summer Walker, Fantasia, Giveon, Maxwell, Mariah the Scientist, Wale, and more.

I literally almost started crying when Giveon sung me happy birthday. Tonight definitely exceeded my expectations.

We were currently at a lounge, it was 1 in the morning and surprisingly it was packed. I assume it's because the city is busy tonight because of the concert.

"Seriously Dee thank you for everything." I was completely against doing anything for my birthday but Dee and her persistence actually gave me a birthday for the books.

"You're welcome, it was fun watching you lose your shit every time you met a celebrity. Not gone cap though I wasn't feeling how ole dude was looking at you. I started to say some.", Dee chuckled to herself.

I was confused about who she was talking about. I don't remember anyone looking at me a certain way. "Who?"

"Shit I think it was that dude Brent Fayaz or whatever the fuck. Yeah he was pushing it with the wandering eyes", I couldn't help but laugh at her possessiveness.

"Says the person who looked like they were ready to fuck Mariah the Scientist right there in front of everybody.", it was her turn to laugh now.

"Aye ion know bout allat. But she looked damn good.", I rolled my eyes as I took a sip of my margarita.

"Yeah Brent probably thought I looked good too."

She shrugged, "He can think whatever he want, bet not try no shit though."

I was hesitant to say anything more, this possessiveness was new. However, it was attractive and it bothers me how much our relationship has changed over the course of a few months. I've still been trying to figure out these feelings I have and if I really wanted to give Me and Mercedes a shot.

"I know what you thinking." Dee said pulling me from my thoughts."hmm?"

"I know we got our boundaries Shay, I know we not ready for nun serious, but I got my name all over you. You're mines to be and that's on everything." I could feel the heartbeat arise between my thighs as Dee's eyes were piercing threw mine and I knew she couldn't be more serious.

I cleared my throat and took another sip of my drink. The tension was thick and I didn't know how to break it...Maybe I didn't want to break it.

"What you don't got nun to say?, she asked with that annoying smirk on her face.

Girl I will sit on your face and smother you.

"Nahh, just practice what you preach and maybe this-" i gestured between the both of us. "Could actually be something."

The rest of the night, me and Dee talked and danced till the lounge closed. As soon as I got in the car I fell asleep but not without thanking Dee one more time for this amazing night.