~14: Remember me not~

If ya'll couldn't tell; the timeline is slightly different in this fic. It all happens, just slower.

~ also, explicit scene once more ~
~
Lo'ak remembers what Kailua did. Despite her best efforts at explaining herself, he calls off their courtship in an emotional rage.
~
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0ypdkGuQnq83SSSw5JmJzU?si=76b36d770aa14aeb
Boys like you, Remember & Go

~

Kailua knew it was too good to be true. Their six-month celebration was approaching, along with the official announcement to the clan that they were together. They would have to complete their iknimaya, and bond with Tsaheylu, within the year to keep the courtship true, otherwise, they would have to go through the six-month wait, announcement, and bonding again.

You could announce it to the clan whenever you felt comfortable too; some couples announced it within three months of courtship, with a child on the way within the year, while some others didn't announce it for over a year, choosing to keep the partnership quiet until they were both incredibly sure. But the announcement had to be made: it not only prepared the clan for an official ceremony to bond the mated couple by the ancestral cove, but it also announced who was no longer available for courtship. And it also gave the clan time to build more huts for the inevitable arrival of a child within a small time frame.

But Kailua didn't say any of this to Lo'ak; he was already stressed out enough with having moved to an entirely new habitat and struggled to adapt quickly enough (and the neverending jabs and remarks made by her mother and elder brother) which embarrassed him greatly. Kailua would often be sat with him long after the eclipse to either dry his frustrated tears or spar with their daggers to relieve his angry feelings.

She was prepping him one evening about what his iknimaya would be, and how to do it. It included taming a skimwing and various tests with Payakan. "But the clan don't accept Payakan... you saw how your mother reacted, never mind the rest of the clan," Kailua bit her lip as she thought. "Technically, the clan are irrelevant," She said slowly. Lo'ak hummed. "Why?" Kailua stretched her legs out far. "So long as a child of the Oloyektan family witnesses the successful completion of the tasks, it counts," She leaned into his side. "I wouldn't be able to authorise the completion, as I'm a mate... or would be. Tsireya, however, would happily authorise it."

And that was that. They fled to her cave on the back of a skimwing, hungry for each other's touch, staying long after the sun rose. Kailua was exhausted the entirety of the day, waving off her mother's constant questions and her brother's teasing remarks. They fled to the cave again that night, and the next four nights after that, staying until the sun rose, where she would rush them back and fall asleep on the beach. They would claim stargazing sent them to the clutches of sleep, with Neteyam "noogie"ing Lo'ak's head laughing loudly as Tsireya helped Kailua back to the hut, feeding her healing broths in amused silence.

On the fifth night, both tried a new way to... please themselves.

~EXPLICIT🚨‼️~‼️🚨EXPLICIT~EXPLICIT🚨‼️~‼️🚨EXPLICIT~EXPLICIT🚨‼️~‼️🚨EXPLICIT~

Lo'ak played with the loosely done-up straps of Kailua's chest cover. "So... how do you wanna do it this time? Slow and sweet? Fast and messy? Or we could experiment," Kaila slipped her finger under his necklace. "Hmm... is all 3 an option??" She asked with a sly grin. "In which order, babe?" Kailua put a finger to her lip. "I'm up for something new," She glanced up as she softly bit her lip. "Then the boring way," Lo'ak smirked. "Your wish is my command." Lo'ak expertly undid her chest covering, then kicked it away as it crumpled by their feet. Kailua whipped her loincloth skirt off, tugging on Lo'ak's belt. "This'll need to go, my friend," She pulled on it with a teasing smile. Lo'ak seemed to shift into a different person as his pupils widened, driving Kailua into a feral state of mind. He stepped forward, cupping her breasts. His slim fingers played with her nipples and she let out a moan. The fingers played with her breasts rougher. She let out an exhale of breath. "Enough teasing me," She launched herself at his mouth, slamming against the wall in a flurry of lust.

Lo'ak switched the positions with the cave rock digging into Kailua's back. He pushed her against the wall, heavily making out. Tongues battling for dominance. He grabbed her thighs as she wrapped her legs around his waist, moaning breathlessly into the other's mouth. Kailua's head tipped back as Lo'ak kissed her neck, moving to her chest. She moaned loudly, slightly surprising her lust-filled brain. Lo'ak dropped Kailua's legs with a soft grunt as they moved to the rocky ground. Lo'ak was still inside her as they lay on the floor. Her arms were pinned above her head by Lo'ak as he thrust into her like an animal. She began moaning and groaning, which apparently was the right thing to do as the thrusts increased in speed. Through the pants, Kailua moaned his name as a reminder for no children. Lo'ak gave a single nod; though that could've easily been the thrusting.

True to his word, as he always was, Lo'ak pulled away as the wave of euphoria passed through Kailua's body. What he did during those few precious moments; she'd never know. Her head was way too far away to comprehend thoughts, let alone coherent ones.

~OVER OVER OVER OVER OVER OVER~

As they lay staring at the cave wall, with the small opening in the middle to show the stars, still very much bare as the day they were born, Kailua felt content. She was happy with her choice of mate and that her family had begrudgingly accepted him and she wouldn't change her mind on the matter. "This place feels familiar," Lo'ak said slowly. Kailua turned with a small frown. "I'm not surprised. We've been in it every evening now pretty much for the last three months," She tried to play it off. "Nah, it's different," Lo'ak continued, frowning deeply at the ceiling. Kailua felt her heart plummet. If he unlocked the memory on his own, he'd know Kailua hid it... and he'd be mad.

"All caves look the same, ma yawne," She kissed his cheek. "I wouldn't dwell on it too much," She moved to her knees and began to tie her loincloth skirt back around her waist, followed by her dagger belt. She leaned across Lo'ak's still-thinking body, hoping her breasts would distract his train of thought. They usually did.

Unfortunately... they didn't.

She began to tie her cover back on, sighing harshly when she found trouble with the back connector. "Yawne, can you tie this for me?" She asked, scooting closer. Lo'ak hummed, shaking his head, as he moved to help her. Abruptly, his finger came shooting past her ear. "There! I remember that! That weird hole!" Kailua shut her eyes tightly, praying he'd stop. "We should go, our parents will wonder about us soon," By the time she'd stood, grabbed her knife, and turned back, Lo'ak was standing tall, fury across his face. Kailua took a step back.

"I remember this place," He said. "And I know why," He took a step forward. "You brought us here. Months ago. Tey and I," Kailua stayed silent. "You... did something to us. Something with your freaky little powers," She swallowed thickly, the tears threatening to fall. That hurt... "I-I didn't mean to hurt you, or your brother," She tried. "My mother, she-"

"I don't give a fuck what your mother said, Kailua!" He interrupted. "You... violated our trust in the worst way possible! Why the fuck would you ever do that?!" She opened her mouth to speak, but he continued. "And worse still: LIE about it?! Huh!?" She opened her mouth but paused. The only excuse she had was her mom telling her to. Feeling embarrassed and upset, she turned away. Lo'ak scoffed. "Nice. Not even a pathetic excuse to defend yourself," Kailua's head whipped up. "Not one that you'd accept!" She snapped. The two locked eyes for a while; though in reality, it could've only been a few seconds. Lo'ak looked away first with a scoff. "I'm done," He spread his hands flat. "I'm finished. I don't wanna be with a liar,"

Kailua scoffed, rolling her eyes. "I could've gotten over the memory removal, or whatever the hell your freaky little powers did," Kailua felt anger run deep in her veins. The water at the edge of the cave splashed up, reflecting her mood. Lo'ak glanced at it for a second. "But I won't be with a liar," He finished. Kailua stalked towards him, prodding his shoulder. "You can call me whatever you want, forest boy," She hissed. "But you will NOT use my powers as an excuse to bully me!" She gestured to his face and hands. "Lest you forget you have insecurities as well! How about I pick on you for those? Huh? Five-fingered freak!" She shouted. Lo'ak's eyes widened. "Feel nice? No! I didn't think so!" She stalked away to his discarded knife belt. She unsheathed his knife, the one she'd given him, with a glare. "Won't be wanting this anymore then!" She dropped the knife into the ocean. "Seeing as I'm a liar, and you won't be with liars!" She screamed. "Find your own way back,"

With an agitated, and very much hurt, hiss, Kaliua dropped into the ocean and swam away.